Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

One wheel is almost touching the front fender. The mechanic shop said because the lower control arm has problems?
So I went to a mechanic shop to check this problem. But they said the lower control arm was racked before so I need to repair this first, otherwise the wheel will move forward again. And because...
3
3

Cooling system problem
I have an 89 Ford Aerostar with a 3.0 engine. The cooling system is giving me all kinds of headaches. It overheated, I think because of a thermostat gasket. At least that's where I found the stream of...
5
5

Electric car petetion
1
1

Is Declining Brake Peddle a Sure Sign of Master Cylinder?
I'm an old guy from the days before ubiquitous power brakes. When I was young a brake peddle that slowly collapses to the floor with steady foot pressure was a sure sign of a failing/failed master...
6
6

Thermostat
When I use my 1978 Dodge van, (318 cubic inch engine automatic transmission) the longest distance I ever drive round trip is about 14 miles to a veterinary supply store for dog other two places I...
33
33

GPS Fleet Tracking Saves Gas
With the knowledge that GPS gives you can find out which drivers suffer from this problem and suggest to them these fuel saving techniques.

How to remove and clean throttle body 2006 Dodge Caravan 3.3L
Removed throttle body for cleaning.............74973 KM I first of all removed air filter cover..........disconnected plug attached to rubber accordion hose...........to disconnect plug, slide red...

97 taurus running hot
I bought this 97 Taurus in good shape with a blown head gasket. put another 3.0L Vulcan in it. It starts and runs fine, BUT it runs over 3/4 the way + to the end line on the heat gauge. I flushed the...
8
8

Car eats oil - oil change interval?
2001 Corolla CE; 140,000 miles; city driving, 12-15k/year: Car eats a quart of oil every 300-400 miles (ran it low on oil a few years ago.) I?ve just been adding a quart of 10W30 (hi-milage) every...
42
42

1990 Olds Stalls/Bogs on acceleration
I know a divorced woman who owned a 1987 Oldsmobile. She blew the engine in that car. _____________________________________ Divorce doesn't stop natural human desires. Rodan.
42
42

2004 Checy Silverado down't idle down
My brother has this 2004 Checy Silverado with the V6 engine with automatic transmission. If it is running along in third gear at maybe 30 or 40 MPH and you let up on the gas, it doesn't want to slow...
3
3

Not looking good for the weekend!!!
1
1

DIY tire mounting and balancing?
Are there devices that allow DIY mounting and balancing of car tires?
12
12

Minvan stalling
We have a 1997 Mercury Voyager minivan with a 3.0 engine and about 66,000 original miles. The van willl occasionally stall on the highway...the engine surges once or twice and then shuts down at...
10
10

Chevy small block water pumps Q?
What's the difference between a water pump found on a 76 Chev and a 78 Chev (say a Camaro?) I was under the impression that pretty much any small block Chevy water pump fell under one of: short or...
12
12