Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Auto Insurance Won't Cover Laptop?
Hi! I'm new to this group, but I saw a number of insurance related posts, so I hope this is appropriate. If not, send me on my way! My daughter was using her boyfriend's laptop while riding in the...
13
13

why new fashion attracts everyone..?
why new fashion attracts everyone..? some people say OLD IS GOLD but here you fine another definition:

Honda civic Imagine starting noises
I recently bought an 03 plate Civic Imagine. Starting is usually silent when the key is inserted. However lately a series of what sound like petrol pump? or some other mecanical processes now are...
2
2

Michelin radius wipers worth the money?
Anyone out there given these a try and feel satisfied they are worth the money? Michelin radius wipers that is?
4
4

Steam from oil fill hole, while car is hot -- what's up?
Just put my wife's 2002 VW Golf up on stands for an oil change. The car is at HOT operating temp, so I thought I'd grab a beer before pulling the filter. I pulled the plug, and it's draining fine....
10
10

DIYEFI.org, FreeEMS and the future of TRUE DIY engine management
Hi, many of you will have heard of MegaSquirt, FreeEMS is a DIY EFI and Ignition project of a similar nature except with GPL licensing and TAPR licensing on code and hardware respectively. Quite a few...
3
3

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport (later called "Montana") ABS lights in dash, how to disable?
OK, my wife got a sweet deal on a 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport minivan. Yeah, it's a little older and a little banged up, but runs fantastic. My only concern was, first time I saw it, the brake and abs...
16
16

velika zarada
Kako brzo zaradit velik novac! VJERUJTE MI I NECETE POZALITI!!!OSTVARITE SVE SVOJE SNOVE! OVO JE POTPUNO LEGALAN NACIN ZARADE I ZA NJEGA VAM TREBA SAMO 30 kn! KAKO PRETVORITI 30 KUNA U 30 TISUCA,...

1988 Buick Park Ave - no start
Hi, I'm helping a friend who needs to get a car back on the road. It broke down several years ago and was parked. It's a 1988 Buick two- door, with the 3800 fuel injected engine. The starter works...
4
4

A Modification of Variable Electrical Power Steering - Your opinions?
Found this link very informative and am quite impressed: It really flies in the face of the service department at my local Chevy dealer who said that there is "no modifications that can be made at...
6
6

Impala steering wheel falling apart?
Hi all, got an '05 Impala as a company car, it's developed a new "feature" recently. It's actually over its mileage limit (70K miles) but due to various factors I'm not getting a new car for a couple...
39
39

Tire p Monitors: How Done ?
Hello, What's the principle behind the tire pressure monitors that display tire p on a dashboard display on so many new cars now ? Is there a small radio transmitter and p transducer in each tire ?...
7
7

feel the difference
feel the difference
1
1

re.won't start
thank you all for trying to help.i'll get to the times in the last 6/wks every,7-10 days,my car (ford explorer sport 97 two doors) doing the Brrrr.... noise,strong,like it going to start but do...
5
5

WEIRD SAI numbers on 2005 Corolla Alignment Results Sheet
All other parameters are aligned pretty close to center of range, IE: Front Left Camber Specified Range is -1.3 to +0.2 degrees, actual(aligned) camber on that side is -0.7(green). But the SAI gets...
7
7