Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brake advice?
Hi - I have a 1976 corvette that I am trying to keep going on a minimalist budge t. I have a brake issue in that I am losing brake fluid - a lot from the rear reservoir and little from the front. I...
12
12

A sea of black
while window shooping on I noticed 2 things 1. ground clearance is notably absent on "full specs" for legacy 2. the cute tan interior color options that's available with the nearly all legacy exterior...

64 mercury 576K miles grandmas car
bob
6
6

How to get a new old 67 shelby
bob
3
3

Ford turns minivans into Fred Flintstone cars
Whats a little hole in the floor anyway?? ;) bob

Sealant on cam seals on 89 Cressida 7MGE?
Turns out my previously mentioned issue of oil leakage isn't due to the valve cover gaskets, it's the cam seals. Do you recommend using any sealant on the outer diameter of cam seals aside from...
1
1

Toyota 7MGE valve cover oil leak passenger side
Have an 89 Toyota Cressida with a 7MGE DOHC 6 engine. For a while I've had a chronic, persistent oil leak on the passenger valve cover. On the driver side, I hand tighten the valve cover seat of the...
2
2

What does this sensor on Toyota thermostat housing do?
It screws into the thermostat housing on my 89' Cressida. I see it id'd as bi-metallic vacuum switch - has an AISIN p/n 90925-05068 Link to pics below. The hose nipples have deteriorated and broken....
3
3

Diagnosing noise on 2007 escape
My wife has an 07 Escape. It has a terrible noise when it is in gear, sitti nf still, with foot on the brake with the ac on. It even does it some with the accelerator pressed as you drive off. Worse...
6
6

Need paint code??
I'm try to find the paint codes for Toyota Signal Yellow paint before 2010. Not doing well with Google. I purchased a rebuilt Mini pickup and they swear that is the color they used, it was a multi...
9
9

Car to move from 3 D printer to road.
Google,,, Kor Ecologic Urbee 2 Car

Car prices outpace median income in all but one city.

Is there a legal way to REQUIRE the California DMV to provide specific data?
Is there a way to legally require the California DMV to provide data? The data we want is related to the SIZE of motorcycles taking the riding test, and the result of that test (pass or fail). The...
21
21