Adapters for jack stands on unibody pinch welds?

Hi,

My car has unibody and I'm affraid to bend/fold the pinch welds at the jack points if I use regular jack stands. OEM jacks are designed with a groove in it in order to fit the pinch weld right in. I know there's floor jack adapters for it (see link), but what I'd really like is adapters for jack stands...

Where can we get such adapters?

neilsanner

If you mentioned your make and model, you would get more specific replies.

There is nothing to worry about with supporting most unibody cars with the "pinch rail" design. Look for extra reinforcement right near the wheel openings (front and rear). Honda has four extra tabs welded in place on all of their FWD cars that are specifically for this purpose. If your pinch rail looks too weak to chance it, then I bet that car will have fairly sturdy beams aprox one foot inward of the pinch rails, and aprox 3-4 inches wide each. These make great jackstand/lift points. 1992-up Camry is a popular example of a car where the front beams should be used instead of the pinch rail.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Reply to
neilsanner

Use the pinch rails front and rear.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

I use 2 x 4s, 12" long - works for me. (This was after popping a few spot welds thinking that region is designed to support the weight)

Reply to
nospampls2002

How are the 2x4s positionned?

I guess they are Parallel to the side of the car. And do you align the center of the 2x4 on the pinch welds? Or one side supporting the pinch welds and the other side supporting the body?

neilsanner

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
neilsanner