Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OBD II P0102 - Replaced MAF, But Chk Eng Still On
Hi all: I could use a bit of advice. I have a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix with 38000 Supercharged engine. The check engine light came on with code P0102 MAF Circuit Low Input. I bench tested the MAF sensor....
6
6

89 camaro 2.8 liter fuel pressure regulator problem
I changed the head gasket on my camaro, and now that I've put it back together the fuel rail is leaking fuel from what the shop manual calls the fuel pressure connection (it's the fitting on top that...
1
1

92 Cavalier No Spark
You need to scan it and see if you have cranking rpms, if not suspect crank sensor.
33
33

Leisure Components 486 isolator
I have a new(old stock) Leisure Components Corp. 486 battery I cant find them, on the web. They were in Cerritos, Ca. I have no hook up diagram for this. Would anyone be able to help with a diagram or...
2
2

GM Passlock I or II Disablement
You can do this without adding a remote starter. PASSLOCK I or II DISABLEMENT The following is a procedure to disable Passlock I or II Systems for vehicles in which remote start/stop system...
10
10

Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.
Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp. Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph for an old...
19
19

GM HEI distributor rebuild questions
Subject: GM HEI distributor rebuild questions I'm rebuilding a '77 GM HEI distributor and have a few questions. The GM service manual and other repair manuals don't cover these details. Can you answer...

Detroit V692 turbo elect inject motor, Allison 650 auto,
Hi Newbie question. I am considering buying a 38 foot converted bus (motorhome). I like everything about the coach part but I don't know anything about the engine in it. According to the ad' it has a...
2
2

Nissan truck brakes: When slowing down the brake suddenly catches and jerks the car.
Hello, I have acquired a '97 Nissan pick up (manual) and have noticed something strange when I slow down. The truck does not shake when driving or when stoping. Sometimes when I am slowing down to a...
3
3

2001 MB C270 CDI (auto gearbox problem)
hello, i'm from portugal and first time in this site. About the problem, I'd a problem with an C270 Cdi T and I think that the MB garage cheate me. Just see what my problem was: The automatic...

chevy cavalier theft system
I changed the ignition switch in my 96 cavalier and sometimes when you go to start it it wont start, the theft system light will come on.or when its running it will shut off and you have to give it a...
10
10

95 thunderbird check engine light, is it safe to drive?
I have a 1995 t-bird that is close to 150K. I just had major repairs done to it, that hasn't needed before. Before that, I had always kept it serviced every 30-60K. The problem was the head gasket and...
3
3

Req: OTC 3800 Vision Lab Scope Info. Read in.
I bought a used Vision Scope a while back which didn't have any manuals with it. I was wondering if anyone may a have an idea where a guy could get a manual or a copy of one . I've searched everywhere...

Worst thing you can do to a transmission?
Just wanted to take a little survey here............... In your opinion, what is the Number One "worst" thing that you can do to a transmission?
53
53

Taurus daytime driving lights
The daytime driving lights stay on even when the 97 Taurus is turned off. The high beams do not seem to work either and the highbeam indicator is on when the headlights are off. Any ideas???
1
1

Turning Signal "Clicking" Won't Go Off
The clicking sound the steering column makes when the turn signals are on, will not stop in my truck. All of the signal lights appear to be in working order, the noise just stays on constantly. Any...
17
17

Saturn no start
Looking for things to check before I head over to my sister's this afternoon... 99 or 01 Saturn SL2 (or SL1, I forget...) stalled on her on Saturday night after about 2 minutes of driving (was a cold...
4
4

Did the 1987 Toyota van tend to overheat?
I've got a 1987 Toyota van. One thing I discovered, when I had the water pump replaced, was that the thermostat wasn't in place. (Why the mechanics didn't put one in when they had the chance, I don't...

Aftermarket Converter 2000 Accord ULEV in MD
I will eventually need to replace the converter in my 2000 Accord with the 23A4 engine, which is a ULEV model. The car has 145,000 miles on it, and the media is coming apart inside and rattling....
2
2

ECU Chip Tuning
Hi All I'm looking for news groups and forums that deal mostly with ECU Chip Tuning. Can anybody out there recomend any I'm having trouble sourcing if there are any. Thanks All Woozie (diabolical) You...