Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A thought on fixing a leaking heater core!
> my Jeep CJ7 and the stuff I used is for that. >snip
2
2

Dials go haywire - car wont start
My elderly mother is here for a visit and we went to take a ride, her car wouldn't start. It's an Oldsmobile Calais or something like that, I don't know the year, probably 2000. She has it in the shop...
1
1

4.9l ford no start
I just fitted a '93 4.9l from an E-350 into my "79 F-100. I used the '93 ECC and harness with relays and fuses and "tapped" into the '79 fuse block and chassis harness. I installed the tank and high-...
6
6

'89 Crown Vic computer problem?
Hi all, I wonder if anyone has any ideas for me on this problem. Car is an '89 Crown Vic, 302, EEC-IV. For the last couple months or so, occasionally but more & more frequently, it needs to be cranked...
4
4

94 Z28 Weird engine stumble
Hey all.. I have a 1994 Z-28 with an odd engine stumble/misfire-type problem. I'm hoping the symptoms are specific enough to give me a good place to start from to solve this problem: The car runs fine...
5
5

Need help diagnosing Smog - High HC @ idle only
I just picked up a nice, really clean 1992 Honda Accord wagon for $400.00. It has been well-maintained, and has 224,000 miles (long commute). Here are the readings from the previous smog check on...
6
6

going on a trip, one tire skinnier than the other
I am going on a trip 300 miles or so and I am driving a 2001 Dodge Caravan. Recently the tire went flat on the rear passenger's side and I took it to a garage. the garage didn't have the correct match...
9
9

Holley flat spot/lean area
For the life of me i can't fix this damn lean problem im having with my carb. (list 80508-1) 750 square bore vac sec. My car idles at around 15" and 13;1 mixture. At steady low speed cruise it sits...
2
2

Zemco ZT11 Cruise Control
I'm the proud (?) new owner of a n.o.s. Zemco ZT11 Cruise Control P/N 127354 NIB and only missing the Installation Instructions. Anyone out there with any info ? I've tried a URL search with no joy....
2
2

1994 Astro vacuum propblem
My 1994 Astro makes a very loud hissing noise when I put it in gear and under partial load. I'm talking VERY loud hissing. It does not do it when in park even if I bring the revs way up. Only in gear...
1
1

Remote Car Starter Questions
Hello: What a terrific group. Am thinking that a remote car starter would make a great birthday gift for a member of our family. We live in the northeast, and the idea of their being able to start the...
4
4

BEST RTV Sealant for sealing up oil leak between head/timing cover?
Need recommendations for a really good RTV sealant for sealing up oil leak. I've got a Nissan 4cyl OHC with the front timing cover 'sandwiched' between the head and the oil pan. It's got a nasty...
6
6

'01 Toyota Avalon O2 sensor Bank1 Sensor 1
I just had my '01 Toyota Avalon in the shop to replace the timing belts & engine belt, Monday. Today being Saturday afternoon I started the car to go out and the check engine light came on. I dropped...

Amsoil Vs Mobil 1/Valvoline etc? need unbiased opinions/tests
Hi, I just recently bought a 1999 Sunfire with 116,000 clicks on it, I got an oil change with Mobil 1 pure synthetic and for whatever reason the temperature of the engine has died down quite a bit and...
19
19

Nox Emissions - 94 Geo prizm 1.8L
Hey guys! I'm having a problem with my NOx emissions. The readings are as follows HC - 0.05g/mile CO - 0.2 g/mile NOx - 2.09g/mile The car ( 94 Geo prizm 1.8L) has only 84k miles on it. is about 90...
3
3

1998 Toyota Camry - loud engine
Recently I noticed that the engine seems louder. It sounds like a rough race car engine. Is this something to do with the muffler? The sound seems to be coming from the engine, not beneath the car....
2
2

water leak under 2003 Honda Accord
Hi, I have a 2003 Honda Accord and today I noticed water leaking under the car between the driver's and passenger's seat. The engine was hot from driving but the water was cold with no color at all -...
1
1

Remote Starter Install Problem
I was working to install a remote starter in my 95 jeep grand cherokee. I've gotten the starter component wires hooked up, but now it seems nothing happens. The internal electronics (locks, windows,...
2
2

Rubber preservative - longest lasting?
What's the longest lasting rubber preservative available?
6
6

PLEASE, can someone help me with 97 econoline 150 ford van serv eng so sent to Ford
PLEASE, can someone help me with 97 econoline 150 ford van serv eng so sent to Ford hi, if i could please get some light shed on my situation it would help me a whole lot okay, heres my problem get...
1
1