Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mazda OBD codes P0031 P0051 P0037 related to exhaust manifold?
I have a 2000 Mazda MPV that had a cracked exhaust manifold. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. However they still charged me $85 to run the OBD codes. I know, I got ripped...
4
4

Race Car Physics Question: FWD vs. RWD
Race Car Physics Question... I'm "wordy" instead of articulate, so I apologize in advance. I'll do my best to make this sound like a valid and intelligent question, instead of coming off like a...
3
3

Small piece of paper fell into TB
Cleaned throttle body with carb spray and wiped with paper towel (bad idea...) and a small piece of paper (less than 1/4 in.) fell into the idle air port. Could this cause any problems? Should I...
5
5

screeching pulley - how to fix?
Hi all, got a '55 Studebaker coupe into which I've dropped a '63-64 spec R1 (Avanti, high compression) engine. As a part of the engine swap and just general underhood detailing I electrolytically...
7
7

1992 Chevy Lumina 6 cylinder radiator fans not coming on
Hi Everyone, I'd like to thank everyone ahead of time for all the help. I have a 1992 Chevy Lumina, 6 cylinder, I think 3.1. I have ran my car with the air conditioning on and the 2 Radiator fans I...
8
8

89 Cadillac DeVille with a bad vinyl top
A few years ago, I inherited a 1989 Cadillac DeVille from my grandfather. It had been sitting out in the open for about four years, undriven, before I got to it. Regardless of that, it runs pretty...
3
3

how difficult is a valve adjustment on a 3EE Toyota?
Hi All, I have a 1994 Tercel that a friend asked me to sell. It is making a loud tapping noise that is coming from the valve cover, it sounds exactly like a stuck hydraulic lifter. However in my...
5
5

Update on '91 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3.3 V6 Problems
My parents have a 1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3.3 V6 4-Speed Automatic. First week of this month, the van had problems: 1)One day, at 35 MPH, 3rd gear didn't engage upon 2-3 shift causing van to...
1
1

Battery jump starter with built in air pump any good?
Thinking of buying one of those jump starter batteries. Anyone have one and find them useful? I see some units have built in lights and air compressor and wondering if these are handier? Or just best...
8
8

Oil pressure sending unit
Hi, I am trying to diagnose a fluctuating oil pressure problem: 1) Does anyone know of an easy way to connect an oil pressure tester? I have this fancy oil pressure gauge made by K-D Tools, but you...
20
20

How much can I machine of a Toyota V6 3VZ-E head ?
Hi I've just taken the heads off my 4-runner 3VZ-E engine due a blown head gasket. Both head gaskets have a failure at the same place which has also caused some corrosion on the aluminium head between...
2
2

Radiator Recommendations?
Hiya Just bought a 1995 Ford E250 3/4 ton 4.9L I6 cargo van which has been overheating on the highway and a couple days ago I noticed a tiny point in the upper section of the radiator that leaks fluid...
5
5

toyota camry auto gas problem
bad diaphram
3
3

Setting timing on Mazda 626
I just replaced the water pump and the timing belts on this Mazda 626 2.5L V6. Definitely not a novice job, took me two days. Now that I got everything together through a miracle, the engine will turn...
14
14

Hot wires powering blower motor
Nissan sentra 1994. Just replaced melted blower motor speed control switch. The maximum speed switch setting contacts were melted into the plastic switch enclosure. After replacing the switch the...
14
14

No high beam on chevrolet cavalier?
Hi there. Struggling here and could really do with some help please. Got a 1999 chevrolet cavalier, (in Canada) and I lost the use of the high beam. Really strange as the main drive lights work and...
5
5

560sl Mercedes replace steering coupling Help
Group, I am looking to change out my steering coupler that has become lose on my 560SL. I have tried to find a detailed procedure in the group but don't seem to find much on this subject other than...

Electric fuel pump question
Hi all. I am getting a car ready for a demolition derby. Usually I run something older with a chevy 350, but due to time constraints I am stripping out a 89 mercury Grand Marquis with a 5.0. It runs...
2
2

Chevy 2.2 Timing chain
what sound was it making before it quit running? Was it a whining noise??
11
11

Oil Shelf Life
I found a couple of quarts of 10w40 "Citgo" oil behind some stuff on a shelf in the workshop that is probably 10+ years old. Is it still good? I don't even remember buying "Citgo" oil!
16
16