Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 Honda Accord a/c compressor locked up
My 2000 Honda Accord a/c compressor locked up, the belt started to burn. The car has 82,000 miles on it. I was able to drive it to Honda dealer were I do all my repairs. They told me I need a new a/c...
1
1

1954 Chevy voltage conversion
What all would be involved in converting a 1954 Chevy Bel-Air from 6 volt to 12 volts...If anyone knows a bteer group to post this question in thanks for that info also
15
15

jack stands w/ flat saddle?
anyone know where one could get a good pair of jack stands with flat, wide saddles? A friend of mine has *ONE* so I know they exist. It'd be nice to be able to more securely support my car without...

OPOC and Elsbett - ideal internal combustion engine?
What would be the ideal engine and well suited for the future electric drive hybrids? I think it is diesel. I think it is two stroke. I think it can run on vegetable oil (among others). So then, how...

What to look for in a random-orbit buffer for waxing car paint
I am about to get a new car and would like to start the habit of waxing the paint regularly. Are the cheap random orbit buffers (such as ones at walmart) effective enough or do the more expense models...
6
6

98 Camry - windshield wiper intermittent switch problem
The intermittent function of the wiper switch stopped working. All the 3 positions of the wiper work fine, but at the same (fast) speed. The intermittent settings do not work. This is annoying when...

305 to a 350 Rebuild Question
I have a chevy van with a blown 305. It's out and stripped and ready for the shop. It is a 2 bolt w/ throttle body and a "computer". I'm considering putting a 350 in with a "RV" type cam in it so I...
1
1

03 Grand Prix GTP - Slight Grunting Sound When First Moving
I recently purchased a 2003 Grand Prix GTP from a dealer in my city. I took it for a test drive and everything seemed fine. However, now that I've had it for a few days, I've started to notice...
3
3

Intrepid "reverse incorrect ratio" code
Replaced the solenoid pack and MLVPS sensor to correct P0700. Now getting this code P0736. What does this mean?
4
4

67 Camaro Pitman Arm NUT SIZE?
Changing a 67 Camaro from manual steering to power steering. My question: is the big nut that holds the pitman arm onto the power steering gear box the same size as the nut holding the pitman arm onto...
2
2

99 Mercury Villager grinding noise
Hi, I own a 1999 Mercury Villager Estate van. Recently I started hearing noises under the front end of the van. The first noise occured when I would press on the gas after coming to a stop. It sounded...
1
1

Blown ECM Fuse 6.5 Diesel 1998
The ECM fuse on our 1998 6.5 Diesel (GM 1/2 ton) keeps blowing, as soon as the ignition is turn on. The negative battery connection were all corroded. Which we cleaned, but still the same results. We...

engine overheating question
My 1994 Chevy S10 recently overheated and shutoff. The mechanic replaced the leaking heater hoses and changed the antifreeze to fix the problem. He stated that the S10 will shutoff on its own if the...
1
1

Driving with the parking brake ON
I made a mistake and I drove my 2007 Toyota Corolla LE with parking brake applied for approx 3-4 miles. ( with speed of 45 max) I didnt feel anything other than the hold back, but when i was about to...
11
11

Lost my key for S10 chev pick up 2000 help?
I ordered a key from my dealership, it would open the door but won't start the ignition also won't let me change the gear. I'm thinking of dissabling the security device that they say has a magnet...
3
3

Fouled Pugs
1997 5.7 Chev...with three fouled plugs. Changed rotor, cap, wires, plugs ( all OEM). OBD II reads running rich left bank, running right bank and missing on three cylinders. Intake Manifold is present...
15
15

'85 Golf Won't start, carb spitback
A little background info is in order-- I bought this car about 2 months ago from a guy for $500 bucks. It's silver and the body is in great shape. However, whoever owned the car before him pulled all...
6
6

CEL flashing, VSC OFF!!!
Hi, Yesterday I went to Autozone to read codes, and I've got ''the PCM has determined that multiple random misfires have occured in cylinder #2, #3, #4 and Troubleshooting PO300, PO302, PO303,...
22
22

catalytic converter orientation
I bought a new aftermarket catalytic converter for an '85 Dodge B150 and I'm not sure how it fits... there is a little "L" shaped tube that comes off the body. I'm pretty sure it points foreward and...
6
6

Smart car... Remove passenger seat?
Just wondering how difficult it is to remove and install the passenger seat in a Smart car... If done right, it could be very handy to be able to snap it in and out given the limited space in one of...
14
14