Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 mazda protege starting problems?
I replaced the head gasket, spark plugs and wires. The engine turns over, but wont start. The timing is correct. Compression is good. I am getting spark and fuel. The spark however looked weak. So I...
1
1

? about 97' cadillac seville
I turned the key and nothing. Got good cables, battery, charge... so I though it was the starter. The darn starter is under the intake manifold! I wanted to make sure it was the starter before I went...
7
7

2000 ford taurus ses lite on code po 442
hey ya all-usually deal xclusivly w/s/t 10 blazers but I have encountered a 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0L v-6. SES lite on code po 442. I have a tech 2 GM scan tool for the GM products I service also have an...

ac compressor pulley going bad
lets see. 95 GMC vandura 3500 w/ 454 engine. problem: i think my air conditioner compressor pulley bearing is going bad. its making a fairly loud metallic whirring noise with the engine running and...
5
5

Car Audio Forum To Discuss And Answer Any Questions About Car Customization
CAR AUDIO FORUM TO DISCUSS AND ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT CAR CUSTOMIZATION PROVIDED TO YOU BY MEofNY MOTORING AT YOU CAN FIND THE FORUM AT

$1 sale of car in California?
Simple question: In California, what are the consequences of selling a car to a friend for $1? Are there any tax consequences for ME, or any income tax issues for the friend? I think there are, but...
2
2

Tech: 1990 Grand Caravan 3.3L won't start.. Has spark & getting fuel
It'll crank & crank and won't start.. It has a code 22 (coolant temp sensor). Sensor & plug have been replaced. Still nothing. If you disconnect the collant temp sensor plug it'll start for 3-5...
4
4

O2 Sensor Location on a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport v6 3.5L
Recnetly the check engine light came on and it was brought to a garage to see what the error was the car has close to 100k on it now and the error that came back was; Diagnostic Code: P0161 (Heated...
2
2

Nissan: smoke from steering clumn when signaling
I am getting a puff of smoke coming from my steering column when I try to use the signal stick (left side) in my 1998 Nissan 200SX. When this all started, the signal would not turn off after I made a...
5
5

mower white smoke
I just started the mower and it runs on and off with a lot of smoke. I did drain off the mower engine oil last winter and refilled that with 5w30 after checking up with this newsgroup. My guess is...
14
14

84 chevy 305 front seal remove and replace
Hi i need to know if there anything special needed (tools) etc. to change the timing cover gasket and front seal on a chevy 305 the oil leak is coming from behind the harmonic balancer thanx for...
4
4

Ford Windstar Transmission Slipping in First Gear
It's a 1998 Windstar with 145000 miles. Transmission sometimes slips when starting out from a dead stop. So far I've only had one shop take a look at it. They offered to rebuild the transmission. The...
7
7

Odd leakdown test, good compression, advice needed
Hello, Helped some relatives find an inexpensive and good car, exhaust leak sound near the manifold or downpipe. Needed a timing belt. it smoked like the dickens off idle, and had a nasty clatter near...
5
5

Throttle Position Sensor Enhancer?
Hey everybody, I'm looking for some fairly inexpensive mods for my 95 Grand Prix GTP and I stumbled upon some forums talking about throttle position sensor enhancers to increase the sensor voltage at...
10
10

Stromberg WW leak
I have a 67 Dodge Camper special and it has a newly rebuilt Stromberg on it, and recently it has been leaking gas from the lower plate joints on both sides sometimes a little and sometimes a lot, it...
9
9

Remove Steering wheel on Pontiac 6000
I am using a puller to remove the steering wheel and even with that it doesn't want to come off, I have sprayed Penetrating oil on and let sit a few times and it still wont' come off. Is there...

automatic transmission-reverse gear won't engage
My '95 Eagle Vision (similar to a Dodge Intrepid) automatic transmission won't shift into reverse. The other gears engage just fine. Anyone else ever had this problem? Does anyone have any diagnose...
1
1

1997 Buick Riviera starting/stalling problem
HI Everyone, I have a 1997 Buick Riviera with the supercharged 3.8 engine in it. I'm having one heck of a problem. The car has been to my local mechanic and two buick dealers and they can't figure it...
5
5

Valve Lifter Question 2001 Jeep
I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 engine. It has 56,000 miles. When starting the engine there is a loud rapid ticking noise that last until the engine warms. It only does this when starting a...
6
6

volvo 240 dl alternator problems
I can't seem to figure out why my battery keeps dying, 82 volvo sedan 2.1l. manual transmission. The battery is brand new, the alternator just had been rebuilt. My batery light dosent' come on when...
5
5