Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

They do still make the three-wheeler but I was thinking more of the

4/4, which is still made of wood but has four wheels and a real engine. It is one of the most fun-to-drive cars made today. And less scary to drive than the Ariel Atom.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

He probably meant a Morgan 4

I assume anyone who finds a three wheeler desirable would just get a new Prius or 'smart' or some such.

Reply to
AMuzi

[...]

That was a bit cruel, Alan. Dave is not accustomed to being so brutally confronted by facts.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Good point. Let the Irish pick up the tab for their next megafailure.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The UK government bailed out Dublin the last time to the tune of £14 billion. Any country that hosts financial institutions deemed too big to fail will have to have deep pockets.

Reply to
alan_m

It was the most outrageous scandal of recent times, and yet you find people like Dave Plowman cheerfully defending the indefensible. :-/

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's actually fairly new. And horrendously expensive. The originals were fun though, and still quite a few around.

Yes you can have great fun with one at speeds that aren't scary.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy. Hope you are looking forward to penury.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are so eager to promote.

Reply to
alan_m

Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news at all?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Has it not occurred to you that the nefarious activities of hedge funds in the City of London, Chicago and New York have crippled manufacturers' capitalisations making growth of actually useful industries which export next to impossible? It's just a more sophisticated form of asset- stripping.

Cursitor Doom

He's got you there, Dave! ;-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

A proper one with "Dog Eared" JAP engine is around £35K. Even better but much rarer are ones with Matchless V twins, pay a £10K premium for air cooled and an extra £5K tax on top of that for water cooled.

There is one truly "awesome" one with 2 Scott 2 stoke twins chained together up front. Dunno if it was Green un or Blue un but the "Book of the Scott" said tester said "overtake at 70 and then change up!", that was when a fast car did 70mph and supercars (100SS) claimed to be able to scrape up the ton.

Doesn't help current British manufacturing but the classic car and bike industry is turning over £1m's and supporting 1000's of jobs each year.

A friend has an alloy bodied 4+4, it's about 30 years old now. The factory didn't want to supply alloy body as they said flexing of the body makes the paint flake off the alloy. He had them prime it with a rubber paint. But I suspect the thickness of paint has negated the weight saving of the alloy panels.

Reply to
Peter Hill

And the alternative is? My point exactly. All we get from you Brexiteers is some form of hope for the future. With zero plans on how to implement things.

To me, it is like flouncing out of a reasonably well paid job you've been happy enough in for a long time without having a new one to go to. In some form of mid life crisis. Not the actions of a logical person.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

But then most will lose with Brexit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian mechanics.

Do you want me to refresh your memory with Peter's simple problem put to you, that you weren't able to answer and squirmed your way forward with excuses of your own inadequacies?

I'm doing very well, thanks. The only pay increase I've had for 10 years and more work than I can handle.

You don't work, do you?

And you own your own house near London that is likely to depreciate if the housing demand reduces (or at least not accrue so much in value in the coming years).

Reply to
Fredxx

Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.

You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could find.

And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you kept coming up with.

So basically, a poor looser.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There was no trick, just a simple multiple choice problem put to you by Peter Hill.

No refusal, you simply didn't have a clue. It was one problem, there were no "silly questions".

Reply to
Fredxx

Maybe you shouldn't snip so much then.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become more desirable.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword