City Data Automotive Forums:

This Moderator/Admin, "PJSaturn", had a personal vendetta on me.

I recently proposed moving "Neutral" from between Reverse & Drive on Automatic transaxle vehicles, a good conversation ensued, no name calling, no insulte, and next thing you know the thread is closed and I'm suspended for ten days!

I've previously asked this "Saturn" what his/her problem is with me, but they won't begrudge.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Never heard of that forum. Personally neutral is where it is for a simple reason, it is one more step to keep an idiot from shifting into the other direction without thinking. Without it there it would be real easy to do something stupid and damage the transmission.

Looked at the post, I'm betting your suspension is for dragging politics into the discussion. As it should be.

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve W:

Nope. No politics this time! It's a common sense issue, not a political one. Since my early forties, about ten years ago, I've been shifting more frequently from Park into Neutral instead of Drive, or from Drive into Neutral when I need Reverse.

So in that thread, I simply proposed positioning Neutral at the bottom of the band - below the lowest available gear:

IE: "P-R-D-2-1-*N*"

Reply to
thekmanrocks

theckmah, the village idiot, blurted

One of the problems is that you're too retarded to follow forum rules. You proposed your dumb-f*ck idea that all cars should be re-designed to accommodate a moron who is too stupid to drive a car. The idea was soundly rejected by everyone who responded. You started whining, and posting off-topic dumb-fuckery, which was deleted by the moderator, who then closed the thread. So you started a new thread, same retarded subject, you brought politics into it (despite your retarded denial), and you were sent for a time out.

It was all comical, and entirely predictable. You've been through this charade countless times, but you're just too stupid to understand.

You're too stupid to drive. You should stay the f*ck off the roads, and restrict your driving to Rainman's driveway, where you may be considered marginally competent. Retarded dumb-f*ck.

Reply to
None

" What do the government know about making cars? Look what Executive is doing to the Post Office!"

That is politics. Not real overt but. Plus you have the same question up at least twice. Other than that ??? The answers are correct though. Neutral is there to prevent accidents and vehicle damage. Just because you don't like it or seem to get confused about shifting isn't their problem.

If you want to prove it, take your car down the road at 20 mph and shift it from drive into reverse. Or get it stuck and try rocking it out without neutral in there.

I suppose you have a problem with manual transmissions as well, as all of those have neutral between every gear and a lockout between reverse.

Reply to
Steve W.