Engine power loss/ misfire??? help Ford x-flow

I have a modified stage 2 Ford crossflow 1972. At 5000+ rpm I have a misfire in lower gears. Also in higher gears at low revs there's a loss of power and/or misfire if I accelerate hard.

It has twin Weber 40s which seem to be tuned ok, and the timing is

12deg BTDC. Complete new electric system did not fix the problem (Cap/rotor arm/HT leads/Coil/plugs). I've varied the timing from 8deg BTDC to 15deg BTDC, but didn't fix.

Any ideas?

Reply to
barra