Help! - BMW E30 won't start

E-30 died after dizzy cap popped off. Have replaced it and rotor, get spark at the plugs, but no start. Fuel is there, compression normal, cold start working fine, cap and leads all on right way. Am thinking maybe speed and/or reference sensor blown as car is early Motronic ignition and book says car won't start if the cables are swapped so I assume same applies if a sensor is blown. Problem is I can't find the sensors, conectors or wires. Have looked in all the various places the book says they were put (bellhousing, rocker cover, near starter). Car has manual 5 speed Getrag and M20 engine. Any advice or other possibilites gratefully received.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Burley