I hate my 92 F150

I never challenged your knowledge of Ford trucks. I didn't reply to you. I replied to the guy who had no money with some ideas. You replied to me in a rather rude manner. All you had to say was 'it has a hydraulic clutch'. But no.... you couldn't just do that... So it was pretty clear you were playing some sort of game, so I asked. Then you came back assholishly clearly playing some sort of pissing contest.

Reply to
Brent P

Awww... poor baby.

I was giving general information to look into, that's it.

I gave general information. You then had to step in and be a smart ass. All you had to do was say: 'that truck has a hydraulic clutch' end of story. But no..... you had to start things by being a smart ass.

I did no such thing. You lying piece of dung. If you think I did, produce the post. You're going to have a hard time finding it. All I did was come back asking you if you were playing some sort of game with your comment and then made a guess what you might be refering to. Then you come back acting like a total asshole with remedial lessons on clutch operation complete with insulting condesending tone. This removed all doubt that you were indeed looking to start something.

You saw my post with generic clutch operation where I forgot to cover the type in the vehicle in question and jumped at the opertunity for a pissing contest you could 'win'. Thanks for reminding me why I had stopped reading and posting in this group.

Reply to
Brent P

Awww... you poor baby. You had to be a smart ass. You lying piece of dung. you come acting like a total asshole you were looking to start something. You jumped at the opertunity for a pissing contest you reminded me why I stopped posting in this group. I gave your group another chance and it failed again. you're a bunch of pissing contest wrench turners. All you get is a yellow pool. You replied to me in a rude manner. you were playing some sort of game you came back assholishly playing some pissing contest. ______________________________________________

Keep 'em coming, Brent. Nice language.

Include the word "you" in every sentence. The personal attacks and the profanity may discourage or scare off any serious contributors but a few gullible readers will always respond to TROLL bait.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Damn it, Rodan! He gave us another chance and we may have just pissed it away. Have you ever wrung your hands so much that they cramped up? Hee hee! Love the pseudo-signature, BTW!

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Thanks for the kind words. Don't worry about BrentP, he seems to want to complain from the safety of his computer instead of learn something new. He doesn't realize what a vast difference there are between mechanical systems used, sometimes even on the same make or model. His offering generic advice is somewhere between dangerous and a nuissance to the OP. You can ignore him or jump in and try and help. There's no clearcut win in either event, but atleast the OP has a chance to see what is right if he reads through the entire thread.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Read: You cannot prove your accusation.

Reply to
Brent P

I damn well know there can be.

If someone is so stupid that when they open the hood they can't tell the difference between a hydraulic, cable, and linkage systems then they should seriously reconsider taking a wrench to their vehicle.

Like I stated, he could have just posted 'that model has a hydraulic clutch'. But noooooo.....

Reply to
Brent P

Are you playing some sort of semantic game? Of course a cable/linkage can be adjusted.

"Read: You cannot prove your accusation."

Your words, my words, your words. The first paragraph has you say there is an adjustment. The second paragraph was basic and to the point. I pointed out that there were no adjustments on a ford. I should have clarified "ford truck". My mistake. At that time no other comments were needed Note the 3rd paragraph. you then tell me there is an adjustment. Accusation proved.

Reply to
Stephen H

Not proved. As seen, nowhere do I state that you don't anything about ford clutches. Nowhere have I attacked you, or your knowledge. You sir wanted to start something, that's is clear as day. You saw an oppertunity to be a smart ass and sized it.

Oh, should I include something about your fast response being something too?

Your accusation that I attacked your automotive knowledge exists only in your head as some lame attempt to claim you were 'wronged'. Now take your own advice and grow up. You weren't wronged, you weren't harmed, you weren't insulted.

Reply to
Brent P

and neither were you

Reply to
Stephen H

Your insulting tone was quite apparent and purposeful in:

Reply to
Brent P

Not if you read the subject line.

The OP didn't express any confusion about what type of clutch actuation his truck is equipped with. -That- confusion started with you.

You could have just as well asked. Instead, you stated as a matter of fact that it would be either a cable or a rod linkage (paraphrased), something that Ford hasn't done on the F series truck in 20+ years.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

And since one of you is going to want a cite, here:

"The existing group rec.autos will be used for discussions about cars and trucks themselves, except for technical issues, which are discussion in rec.autos.tech. Discussions about autosport are held in rec.autos.sport. "

A list of newsgroups not long after rec.autos.tech split from rec.autos:

"Wed, Jun 1 1988"

rec.autos.tech Technical aspects of automobiles, et. al.

Oh, and do you know rec stands for? recreation.

So, it's technical discusions of autos in a recreational sense, ie do it yourselfers and those who do so for recreation. Not professional discussions for automotive techs.

Sorry, I follow the original concept for the NG, not the defacto version imposed by a bunch of smug automotive techs. So yes, that includes conceptional discussions to help someone along without some smug tech being a ass.

Reply to
Brent P
< ... more sputtered profanity and name-calling ...>

C'mon, guys. This is too easy. Quit tossing Brent's bookbag back and forth among yourselves. Give it back to him and let him go home.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

You're close on the analogy... you boys do operate at jr. high mentality.

Reply to
Brent P

Well, umm, no. No one has asked for a cite so far.

So glad you brought this up. Apparently the meaning of the word "technical" escapes you. Here ya go:

1 a : having special and usually practical knowledge especially of a mechanical or scientific subject b : marked by or characteristic of specialization 2 a : of or relating to a particular subject b : of or relating to a practical subject organized on scientific principles c : TECHNOLOGICAL 1 3 a : based on or marked by a strict or legal interpretation

I don't see the word "general" used anywhere in there, do you?

Sorry that you managed to somehow think that anyone here thought that the "tech" in rec.autos.tech meant 'technicians,' but I guess that could happen the same way that someone might think that a discussion about a clutch in a truck meant the same thing as the clutch in a Maverick or a Mustang.

Indeed it does. So why does the thought that a group of auto mechanics would participate in a newsgroup that involves their chosen profession for recreational purposes not tabulate for you?

No one said it was for the purpose of discussions for automotive technicians. But that doesn't mean that automotive technicians can't participate for recreational purposes.

No you don't. You objected quite strongly to having a technical error corrected. If in fact you follow as you say, you'd have embraced the learning experience instead of wetting your pants.

Discuss conceptual all you want, but in all fairness to someone such as the OP, label your words as such lest they go off on a wild goose chase (looking for cables and/or rods to adjust that aren't there).

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The only thing that was disturbing was watching you make an ass of yourself.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

So, how is it that the jr. high schoolers know more about a clutch than an engineer for (which sex toy company do you work for now) does?

go on... you know you're just itching to call us all grease monkeys, so just do it and put us all in our place(s).

Reply to
aarcuda69062

It's called getting ahead of the game smart ass.

OOhh... another smart ass comment.

That's what you smart ass 'techs' have stated before and it appeared you were heading down that road again.... So I nipped it in the bud.

Been searching google haven't you... Maybe you missed the posts I made on the slave cylinder on an MX6 clutch... go find those...

OOOhhh... another cheap usenet tactic... So why does the thought that a group of space aliens would participate in a newsgroup that involves cattle mutliations not tabulate for you?

It's been said more than once. Usually when some 'tech' highlights tech in the group name.

Strawman.

No. I objected to the belittling arrogant condensending tone.

I already knew about such clutch mechanisms thank you very much.

The OP understood what I was getting at. The OP responded in such a way that proved he knew what I was getting at. So, you shouldn't have any problem. Of course handling something in a civil manner is just beyond you apparently.

Reply to
Brent P