LED taillight question

It depends on your eyeball and brain and how you perceive visual stimuli. People vary a HUGE amount. I happen to be very sensitive to pulsed illumination- when I turn my head I can briefly see the three separate red/green/blue images in a DLP projection system, which is why I will NEVER own a DLP television. Most people can't detect that, but I see it often enough to really bug me. I can also see the "stutter" on BMW taillamps just fine. To my eye, certain Hondas from about 2-3 years ago are the absolute worst, Cadillacs and BMWs among the best LED taillamps. OF course now even the current mid-line cars that use them are getting pretty good- to the point that I rarely even notice it on current-year cars of all brands.

Reply to
Steve

Just looked at one today and it has dual LED, I know the early ones had a standard bulb. Not sure which generational change it happened at. I think they are actually on the 4th version now?

Reply to
Steve W.

Yes, but it was just unveiled this month I believe. Only the 2nd and

3rd gen. were sold in the US; most of the ones you see (and the one that I was describing in my post) are 3rd gen.

nate

Reply to
N8N