Need Weight-Split For My Car!

I need the weight distribution for my car but cannot find it ANYWHERE on line, even at the manufacturers website.

"60/40" or "55/45" are typical splits for most front-wheel drives. This is BASIC information, like what kind of fuel the vehicle uses, and it's not available anywhere for my specific car.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Anyone??

I'm talking about the Front-Rear percentage weight distribution.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:4951aeeb-048c-41ef-8aaa- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

there is nothing basic about that figure, almost no one needs that info. if you need it take it to a scale and figger it out your self not rocket science. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Kevin Bottorff wrote: " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:4951aeeb-048c-41ef-8aaa- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com

"there is nothing basic about that figure, almost no one needs that info. if you need it take it to a scale and figger it out your self not rocket science. KB "

________ Used to be in every automotive publication, hard copy or online, and in dealer brochures.

Is useful for those who like to fine-tune tire pressures for handling purposes, etc. Suppose a car has a 60/40(Front/Rr) weight distro. They might want to try putting

5psi extra in their front tires, or 2lbs psi less in the rears and 2lbs more in the fronts.

That sort of thing. That's why I consider the info basic - unlike needing to know the # of turns steering lock to lock. Most drivers don't have use for that detail.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Our 1970 Dodge pickup has 7. I win!

Reply to
The Real Bev

Just run the car with a couple of more pounds pressure in the front or follow the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure and you'll be fine. That's pretty much all you can do even if you do know the F/R ratios.

I suppose you could take impressions of the tire contact patch and figure out the ratios from that. You'll probably going to end up adding a couple of more pounds pressure in the front anyway so why bother?

Reply to
dsi1

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

the only time you would have seen that from the dealer is if it was a sports car. the enthouast mags did it for braging rights only. there is so much more going on in handleing than weight split it really is only useful if you are going to the nats ass of handeling. much more can be done with sway bars and suspension than split influnced tire pressures. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

So see what pressure recommended in the door sticker and work backwards from that.

Or go to a scrap yard with a scale for weighing the pickup trucks and tip the guy a couple bucks to tell you when your front wheels are 3 feet onto the scale and after you drive forward, when your rear wheels are 3 feet from being off the scale.

Where I go, the guy doesn't get out of his chair to weigh trucks and he can barely see if the car/truck is in the right place, but if I wwanted to know what you do, I might talk him and another guy into helping me. Be nice though. It's not part of their job. On, and the scale where I go is only accurate to 50 pounds or something like that. If you brought enough scrap that your car had to be weighed, that might get them in the mood, but I like my first line above better.

Reply to
micky

You see it for RWD cars, they will proclaim 50-50 or 51-49.

Reply to
pedro1492

Or better yet, half the distance from the front to the back wheels.

Reply to
micky