Okay, how about a 93 Nissan Altima, stopped running

4 cyl. 93 Nissan Altima, no fuel in carb. fuel is getting to engine, leaking down underneath dripping gas from exhaust under the engine itself? Have tried nothing yet, except to start with starting fluid, wouldn't work..... The car was sluggish and had no take off right before it quit. TY guys, as a woman I ask for direcctions when I get lost, but as a smart woman I ask men..... You all have a good night now...
Reply to
TNTMobileMech

aarcuda69062

"TNTMobileMech" wrote

I don't believe a 93 Nissan Altima has a carburetor. But then again I don't own a Nissan. The solution should be simple. There is a fuel dye you can add an pinpoint the leak. Once you've fix the leak then you can tackle the next problem.

Personal story: Many years ago I had the fuel leakage on the side of the carburetor which is right on top the exhaust that I didn't know about. Then engine compartment caught on fire which was douse with sand I picked up from the shoulder. It burned itself out with no extensive damage.

Reply to
Sam Nickaby

It doesn't have a carb. The car has metal fuel lines running from the tank to the engine compartment. They then run hoses from the end of the metal lines to the fuel filter, and from the fuel filter to the injector bar. The most likely source of your leak will be those hoses. Pay particular attention to the short hose that goes from the end of the metal line at the bottom of the car to the fuel filter. It is only about 6 inches long and pretty much out of sight from the top. On the two cars I have owned with that engine (an Altima and a 240sx), that has been the hose that fails.

If the leak is substantial, there will not be enough pressure at the injector rail and it can make it hard to start.

Reply to
E Meyer

I have to tell you. You should not be working on this car. It sounds like your car knoledge is limited and working on a fuel injected fuel system is not the place to start. Take it to a good shop and have it fixed right. Hot exhaust and raw fuel do not mix!

Reply to
jfrancis311

Been a while since I looked in the engine, you could be right about no carb., have too many engines to think straight anymore. TY for your reply.

Reply to
TNTMobileMech

I made a simple mistake, you need not insult me. Posting for help close to midnight made me state the wrong thing. I am sorry. I was thinking about a Chevy I was working on that day instead of the Nissan I haven't seen in 6 months. Learn to spell before you give advice to others making them seem stupid. *Hint: There is no hot exhaust on a non-running car, as I stated this car won't start.....

Reply to
TNTMobileMech

That was not an insult. Once you get the car running it will be hot!

Reply to
jfrancis311