operation of idle air control??

I am curious how the idle air control is calibrated. Does it fully close when the engine is stopped, so the the ECU has a known reference to open a certain amount? I just replaced one (on a GM 3800) and it took 30 seconds to start. I presume the new item was not in correct position, so the ECU then has to hunt around to figure out the zero point.

Reply to
pedro1492