Premature failure of ball joints and tire feathering

Ford Twin I Beam problems. There are online forums about that. I will never again own a twin I beam anything.

Reply to
allisellis851

Thank you Allise. I'll look into this also.

Reply to
Vannessa

You would need to have the part dimensions to make sure but if yours cannot be adjusted to proper camber with the bushing a bent or wrong outer arm is about the only thing it could be.

Reply to
Steve W.

You would need to have the part dimensions to make sure but if yours cannot be adjusted to proper camber with the bushing a bent or wrong outer arm is about the only thing it could be.

Reply to
Vannessa

I would like to thank all u good ol' boys for helping me narrow this problem of mine down. After researching all that has been said here an looking into all possible causes. It's a twin I beam suspension.. not Ford's better ideas. I have spent the better part of today under my truck prying pulling measuring ect. Pinion gear is pointing to the left. Upper ball joint an bottom ball joint shot on passenger side, u joints r weeping right to the diff with the diff seal leaking. The bushings r sloppy on the Dana 50 including tie rods on left leaking.. seals have failed. Measurements of wheels from back to front, bumpers to ground are good. Right tire is out at top almost half inch. Side to side r on. All this can throw wheel aliment out on twin I beam. A poor wheel alignment will also cause premature parts failure on all that r stressed. Seems this is very common on these twin I beam suspension. Looking at cost to replace front axle with standard verses repairing this one which I see will be a constant problem with every pot hole down the road. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Reply to
Vannessa