Re: Mazda 626 coolant fan polarity reversed?

There is no a/c on this car. I'll check the fan direction. Thanks for the info on coolant sensors. I'd never heard about the temp sensor for computer, but doubt that could cause the fan to run from start-up. I replaced the sensor on the block, which I think is the guage sensor. The one at the bottom of the radiator checks out okay with an ohm meter - no connection when cool, yes connection when hot. A dealership suggested the ignition switch, since it affects other things like turn signals, windshield wipers, etc. when wires in the electrical part get melted. The switch was recalled about 12 years ago & got replaced at that time, but could have gone bad again. I don't look forward to taking the steering wheel off to change the it though.

Reply to
Bichette

There are 3 relays in front of the engine on the driver side. A dealership said that one is the main relay, one is the fan relay & one is some other relay. They let me try a new fan relay, but that didn't fix the problem. Are there other relays to check somewhere else? The sensor at the bottom of the radiator checks out okay with an ohm meter

- open when cold & closed when hot.

Reply to
Bichette