Re: Re(2): Why use fusible links instead of fuses?

As far as I can tell, fusible links of the type that are just short
> sections of wire within a thicker wire can be substituted for links that
> are similar to fuses which can be visually checked and replaced in the same
> way as regular fuses. The ONLY REASON, then, for using more difficult to
> replace fusible links is design simplicity. Clearly, the kind you can
> visually check and replace are a better design and electrically equivalent. > --
> Donna Lilly
> Cleveland, OH
actually thats not right, its what most ppl think so i dont blame u.. the fusable link is used in places where u need protection but where spikes are common that would constantly n unnecessarily blow fuses
Reply to
atvaddict1

Site Timeline Threads