Rotating disc brake pads

Is it advisable to switch pads from the left to the right wheel to even out wear. The pads are worn 1/4" on one side and approx 1/8 on the other.

Reply to
Martik

Shep

Thanks, I was also thinking the stress on the high point of the pad (after switching) may cause it to fracture.

Reply to
Martik

No. Find out why the one side wore faster, likely the caliper is either frozen or sticking, or the slider pins are seized.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

The poster refuses to say what kind of vehicle he's talking about or how much mileage he has on those pads. Sometimes that wear pattern will occur every time with certain designs and there is nothing wrong with the installation or maintenance. If he got 50,000 miles off them it means one thing and if he got 12,000 it means something else. Don't even ask whether they are front or rear.

Reply to
Al Bundy
93 Nissan Altima, Rear, at least 100,000 kms and 6-7 years on the pads. Did not think the info was relevant but your 'kind' words convinced me otherwise.
Reply to
Martik

In that case you just need a fresh brake job with NEW parts.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I would think that such rotation might lead to galling of the caliper cylinders by the pistons.

Reply to
Matt

Shit, I don't think I ever came even close to those numbers w/ my pads. What kind do you use? $$?

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®