Sentra's cooling problem

My 2001 Nissan Sentra has a problem that baffles my mechanic. Often after I drive 15-20 minutes, the engine grows steadily hotter and the interior colder. When the engine temperature reaches its limit it begins to fall, but then rises again. The blower continues to blow cold.

My water pump was replaced. It did not help. Could this mean trouble with the onboard computer?

-:- Beer keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping off of the furniture. Beer keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping off of the furniture.

I like to smile for a BEAGLE on my knee! Smile for a BEAGLE, it's the beer that cares for me! I like to smile for a BEAGLE, and it's free-- O-oh, free from pollution.

--Beagle Brewing Co.

Reply to
I Fought the Tao and Won

Thermostat?

Reply to
Bret

Could be due to lots of things. Possible air in the system. system sludge bad thermostat bad fan _system_ part bad hoses Why was the water pump replaced? Sounds fishy to me.

Reply to
Paul

How about first shutting off the aircon and see whether the engine runs hotter than normal?

Reply to
myzr

More likely it is an intermittent plug in the system somewhere. Have you done a cooling system flush and replaced the thermostat?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

    --Beagle Brewing Co.

I see a bulletin about the radiator cap can cause problems. It says to check the gasket.

Reply to
m6onz5a

My first guess would be air in the system. Many modern (and not so modern cars) have an air bleed you need to open when refilling the radiator. The lack of heat definitely suggests air in the system.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White