TPMS tools?

any PRO'S here have a good evaluation of a tool for all around TPM diagnosis?......manuf. and model number helpful for research...TIA...........bill

Reply to
bill

what kind of car?

Reply to
jfrancis311

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:ff92ea93-348d-4c52-8865- snipped-for-privacy@p59g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

at this time an 08 camry....08 hyundai sonatas will also be a problem before i can turn around...........

Reply to
bill

The only tool I know of that will do everything is the Bartec Wheelrite Tech 400. This is because it offers an OBDII connection to put Asian cars into "learn" mode. Without this you can tell if the TPMS sensors are working and what they are sending, but you can not retrain the ECU of cars requiring the OBDII interface without it. In other words, cheaper equipment can test the sensor, but once you replace the sensor and know that it is working, the new ID information must be transmitted to the ECU. Some cars allow that without OBDII connection, but not most Asian cars such as Honda and Toyota. Bartec has not yet introduced the software for all 2009 applications, but they will.

Reply to
hspatz

hspatz wrote in news:d01f1760-c3da-4560-bfda- snipped-for-privacy@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

BINGO!......unfortuanatly that is the only tool i can find that will interface with ALDL to communicte ID to ECU in foreigns.....i borrowed a bartec 300 from a friend that assured me it would work on any TPMS. NOPE! it worked on all the models we have in fleet that already have relearn built in. but no to toyota....he was quite pissed about the fact his tool rep misrepresented the capabilities of the tool considering toyota will next be #1 auto manuf. in world............the price of the 400 leaves me out in the cold. but i appreciate the reply and confirmation very much.............

Reply to
bill