What is a your priority while purchasing a car?

There are alot of personal things to look while buying a new car. Choosing a car is an important decision that merits careful planning. whether you intend to use the car for daily commuting, recreation, weekends and evenings out, driving in the city or on highways. so many factors comes in mind.It is really a tough decision to take, What will you consider on high priorities while buying a new car?

Thanks.

Reply to
Amruta

Amruta wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y27g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Well, my first priority is making sure any used car I consider has not been owned by someone named "Amruta".

Reply to
Tegger

A new car? Ford.I wouldn't even think about buying anything else, but, it would be a new full size Ford van for me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

What most people don't think about is repair costs. I see it all of the time where someone bought some car with those $100+ headlight bulbs and freak out when hear the price. Or a $50 thermostat, $300 EGR valve, or a $1k converter, or a $400 O/2 sensor.

Get a car in mind and call your FLAPS and price the brakes, tune up, etc. or look the parts up online.

Cuhulin I'd never own a Ford van.. I see too many of them going down the road crooked.

Chas

Reply to
m6onz5a

Those early model Chevrolet cars way back many years ago, the front suspension leaf springs were real good about slipping out of alignment where they were mounted onto the front axel.

It used to be not too many years ago, sometimes I would see cars going down the road crooked.And some cars with a bad wheel wobble.Some cars and trucks dragging a piece of chain along the road, suppose to drain of static electricity.

One of the places where I used to work was a cotton oil plant.One of those guys there always has a piece or copper wire around one of his ankles.He said it was to drain off electricity. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Thanks Chas & Cuhulin, Special thanks Chas, You pointed out a very important criteria. I missed it and I see very few people think of Repair/maintenance costs while buying vehicle. Its a huge recurring burden. Amruta.

Reply to
Amruta

Look around online for restored or partially restored classic cars for sale.Those 1960s sporty looking Ford Falcons are nice cars.I once owned a plain jane 1969 Ford Falcon, it had 4 doors and a 6 cylinder engine and manual shift transmission.I also owned a 1965 Ford Falcon with an automatic shift transmission and 6 cylinder engine and 4 doors, it had airconditioning too.I have owned a Lot of old cars before, and a few pickup trucks. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

'just looking'

AMuzi

The availability of bulletproofing. My wife had her Mazda armored, and the rough ride improved.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

There is no MPG in the survey. I would not buy anything lower than

25mpg. maintenance cost and reliability would be another 2 for me.
Reply to
liu

Ford is working on cars that are suppose to get 50 MPG.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Hard to get excited about that, the VW Rabbit Diesel got 50 mpg 30 years ago.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Liberals need that... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Consumer Reports said the original Saturn SL1 with 4-speed auto. got

50 MPG on the highway. I think it weighed a few hundred lbs. more than the Rabbit diesel and accelerated 0-60 MPH about 8 seconds faster. OTOH it did only 19 MPG city (CR's test, not EPA's).
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Leave politics where they belong -- in the Toyota newsgroup.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Sorry...forgot where I was for a second.

My priorities are a brand new 1985 Corolla GTS. That's all I want...

Reply to
heywood