What is the number of gallons capacity of the radiator from a 1985 Pontiac Firebird with a 3.1 liter V-6 ?

What is the number of gallons capacity of the radiator from a 1985 Pontiac Firebird with a 3.1 liter V-6 ?

The Inter Webs indicate 23.5 quarts, 5.875 gal.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
AMuzi wrote:

Seems like a lot... I'd suspect that the radiator holds about 2.5 gal and the rest of the car about 2.5+ gal.
On 9/23/2019 12:35 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Don't think I've ever measured that but you also have hoses and heater core besides the engine.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
On 9/23/2019 12:35 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

A second search found this: https://www.amsoil.com/AmsoilGarage/internal/vehiclelookuppage.aspx?url2 85+PONTIAC+FIREBIRD+S
Lists a more reasonable 12.2 quarts.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
AMuzi wrote:

AllData shows 12.5 W AC, 12.2 W/O AC. BUT that is for the 2.6 as the 3.1 wasn't in the Firebird as OEM until 1990. However it used the same amount of coolant in the engine itself.
--
Steve W.