what lateral g-force can old cars achieve?

A modern vanilla sedan can do 0.9 g, maybe more with good tyres.
I saw a video on Youtube of some guy fitting a triangulated 4-link suspension
to some chrome-bumper car, and managed to get 0.52 g on cornering,
which seems rather poor. Must have had shit tyres. Sorry, I haven't been
able to find it again to get the details.
Reply to
pedro1492
in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:
first of all the modern vanilla sedan can not do .9 gs. that would be a very good number on a sports car. also the weight bias on a older car would have been pretty poor on a RWD sedan of the era. If I remember correctly (pretty iffy) camero and must. set up for good handleing would have been about .79 or so. KB
Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Site Timeline Threads