what voltage is lower limit for stored battery?

Anytime a battery drops below 10 volts, whether under a load or resting, damage is occurring.

Also, the post about equalizing the batteries was spot on. To get optimum life, the 6 cells must be as similar as possible, so a mild overcharge, ie 14.8 or so, is a good thing. The best way if you have the time is to charge at 5 amps or so until the voltage stops rising. Then you know that all 6 cells are as charged as they can be. A charge much higher than 15 v can hurt them as well. HTH, Ben

Reply to
ben91932

If it's lead acid, yes drain if you want to store it for a long period. But charge it up first and then drain it and then wash out with distilled water. The best plan is to sell it, & buy a new one when you need one. Even when new, they have a limited shelf life seven stored dry.

Reply to
harry

A Subway, $7.01.There is a guy who used to own a pawn shop.One of the times when I was there, I asked him, How much is this? (tools) He said, A dollar two nienty eight.Another time, I asked him, What is this? He said, A windshield wiper for a billy goat's ass. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Hmmm... and was your billie pleased?

Reply to