Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

22re block removal
My 85 Celica GTS has the old timing chain through the timing cover problem. Since I have the head off I was going to just rering the pistons by removing the oil pan with the block still in the car...
4
4

2004 Camry -- Pops/Knocks While Turning Steering Wheel??
My year old 2004 Camry with about 13000miles has started knocking/poping when turning the steering wheel. It is easier to feel than hear the pop, but if it is done in a very quiet car while turning...
7
7

1993 Tercel Burning Oil
Hey everone, So this car has been burning oil ever since I bought it.. it doesn't seem to do it during normal driving conditions, but it does burn oil in the following conditions: 1) in the morning...
11
11

Supra Misfire Problem
I am having an engine misfire problem on a 86.5 Supra w/ 7mge engine. It will start and run fine when cold but as it warms up I get a misfire on the #6 cylinder. I have changed plugs and plug wires...
8
8

Query: A/C drain location on 95 Prizm
I have a 95 Geo Prizm. After I've had the A/C on, and when I turn a corner, either my foot or my passenger's foot gets sloshed with cold water. I'm told that this is because the drain is clogged....
2
2

Does 2001 Corolla have Cabin Air Filters?
If it does, where it is located? Thanks.
2
2

Avalon tires replaced - smooth ride nirvana!
My '97 Avalon's Michelin MXV-4's were starting to approach the wear bars so I've been spending lots of time at the Tire Rack, various web sites, and here lurking and researching what tire will give me...
3
3

22re timing chain dilemna
I know this has been discussed many times but what will one more hurt. 92 4runner, bought last fall with 175,ooo miles, has about 185 now. It had a little timing chain noise when I bought it, but it...
20
20

whistle turbo toyota 2.0 D4D
Hi, I have just bought a Toyota with100 000 km.When my speed is increasing, I hear a light whistle. Is it normal ? Or is it a problem with my turbo Regards. Marc
7
7

Sienna CE vs LE
It seems that most posts on the Net regarding Siennas are about loaded models. Does anyone have experience with the low-end trim model, the CE? I'm not wanting any of the options packages offered with...
4
4

Performance chip - '90 Supra 7mgte?
Just wondering if there is performance chip made for this year Supra and, if so, what members of the group recommend. Thanks
1
1

bolt on sports rack for toyota matrix?
Hi there, I just purchased a 2005 toyota matrix and I wanted to know if anyone installed a 'factory' roof rack to the matrix? I would like to avoid using Yakima "clips" and instead have a rack system...
5
5

1990 Toyota Camry, check-engine light comes on, car doesn't accellerate, stalls
My car runs, but sometimes, not every time I drive it, the check engine light comes on, and the car won't accelerate when I step on the gas, and sometimes it dies, and won't start again right away. I...
7
7

'03 Corolla--why is the door seal rubber on the body instead of the door?
Why is the door seal rubber on the body instead of the door in the Corolla? The rubber on mine has worn through from getting in and out. I "fixed" it by covering the part that was worn with black duct...
5
5

03 corolla - "tinkling" noise with gentle acceleration ..
I have an automatic 03 Corolla with 53,000km's. It's making a light, metalic, tinkling noise when I accelerate gently. When I press the gas harder you can't hear it - but it never seems to go awaye...
3
3

Saga of the noxious fumes, 97 Tercel
In the meantime, I wonder if anyone can comment on a much more There is no easy way to be absolutely sure that the heater core is completely empty with no coolant other than removing it. You can use...
6
6

Prius versus Echo
Hi all, I'm curious what the fuel efficiency difference is between the Prius and the Echo. The price difference is enormous of course. And the Echo is smaller, but I'm mainly interested in conserving...
14
14

Selecting Reverse 1995 Corolla
Does anyone have any suggestions to what may be causing a crunching noise when selection reverse (manual gearbox).
12
12

91 previa diagnostics
Can someone tell me which diagnostic terminals to jump for my 91 Previa, and clue me in on a few of the common flash codes? Thanks!
7
7

Avensis ABS braking syste
My car's braking system is juddering from time to time, the brake shoes are ok. If I brake hard the brakes seem fine but when slowing down sometimes and braking softly, the car will judder. The car is...
5
5