Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

freewheeling hubs on Previa all-trac
Wondering if anyone has installed them, how hard it was (I've done it on a 4runner) and what if any difference it made in mpg. I see the hubs are made, but I've never heard of anyone doing it.
8
8

How many hours to change a timing belt?
All: How many hours does it take to replace a timing belt and water pump on a 1998 toyota avalon? I have been told about five to six hours. Does that sound about right? Thanks! Keith
14
14

Dumb question about rheostat light control 2007 Corolla
I was killing some time waiting in my car for my wife to finish up some shopping, when I noticed that the halo of light around the cigarette lighter was illuminated brighter on one side than the...
1
1

Cressida w/newly rebuilt engine suddenly developed a miss
I rebuilt the 7MGE in this Cressida about 1200 miles ago, it was running like a clock this morning. I fired it up tonight and it displayed a severe miss. I'm getting spark from all distributor...
12
12

Toyota RAV4 2006 Remote Start Installation
Hi, I am thinking of getting a remote start installed in my 2006 TOY Rav4. Would installation of products such as Viper, by non-dealers such as Best Buy, void any warranty on the vehicle? Thanks, G
2
2

Overheating Subaru Legacy AWD Wagon...
1997 Subaru AWD wagon, "L" model, basic car. Replaced coolant and thermostat and ran car static for an hour at a time about 3 times. Would initially overheat (when I replaced the coolant), cold air...
26
26

Low tire pressure indicator light always on
I have a 3 month old RAV 4 limited. Within 2 weeks of purchase the low pressure indicator light popped on. I took it to the dealer and they did something that turned it off for a few days. I have...
29
29

P0135 P0141 and P0155 code with brand new O2 sensor
I have a 01 Lexus IS300 , my OBDII reader show these three code P0135 ,P0141 and P0155 , and they happen to be O2 Heater , so I went ahead and changed out the o2 sensor, I purchased a Bosch universal...
2
2

convertible probs... toyota
how do i know if the motor is bad in my celica gt convertible top? it runs.......but seems too weak to raise the top. it opens it a few inches, then stops. (i had to raise it by hand to close.. OMG......
2
2

85 tercel won't start
Hi everyone, Hope you can help me with this problem. I left my 1985 tercel (3AC) with my brother and he didn't start it up for 4 months. The gas line was dry and it took many cranks with starter spray...
8
8

4runner/22re igniters
I'm trying to replace the coil and igniter on an 86 4runner, I dont know what type it used to have in it. I called several Toyota dealers and yards, and they all say that 2 were made for it and none...
6
6

Cause of bad igniter on a Toyota 7MGE? Will igniter on 7MGTE work?
Rebuilt and reinstalled a 7MGE in an 89 Cressida. No spark from the coil. The engine was running other than a blown head gasket before the rebuild. It's been sitting for a couple of months while I got...
2
2

Tundra owners grumble over rumble
Tundra owners grumble over rumble Mark Rechtin Automotive News October 22, 2007 - 12:01 am ET LOS ANGELES - Toyota's Tundra pickup was hit with a double whammy last week. Angry consumers are peppering...
40
40

IIHS vs. NHTSA car safety ratings
The ratings for IIHS and NHTSA don't seem to mesh with one another. Does someone know any testing or rating specifics that could account for the discreptancies? For example, * NHTSA rating for the...
15
15

Avensis warning light on but no fault code found
Avensis 2001 Mileage 115,000 One month ago, warning light comes on. Service is due anyway. Regular garage (not Toyota dealer) does service, identifies faulty oxygen sensor (there are 3, the faulty 1...
10
10

If the Prius is a "cockroach"....
....then this is a flea: little thing, isn't it? I suppose if it's just you, or you're just a couple, it makes good economical sense, but, I mean, damn. Natalie
10
10

'97 Avalon: No parking/tail lights
On a long road trip, I discovered that my tail lights are not working. neither are the front parking lights. All other lights work (headlights high&low beam), turn signals and emergency flashers. All...
11
11

'07 RAV4 Odometer Problem
Hi - Something strange happened to my Rav4's odometer - it gained approximately 1400 miles today. I'm a salesperson and I track my mileage with every stop and today (between stops) I came back to my...
5
5

1998 Avalon Intermittent Starting Problems
We have a 1998 Avalon which we love, about 125,000 miles. It has pretty much been flawless until the past 2-3 months. It has developed an intermittent starting problem....usually on the first start of...
6
6

2005 Toyota Sienna, curtian airbag deploy on side impact while unoccupied?
Im trying to find out if there is a defect or this person is lying to me. We have someone claiming hit and run in a parking lot. Damage to the driver side shows a pretty good hit. The side curtian...
5
5