Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help! Can't pass emissions!
Greetings, and thank you in advance for reading and responding. Having difficulty getting my 1990 Toyota Celica GT to pass the Utah State Emissions test. I've had my emissions run 5 times with various...
6
6

1990 Geo Prizm transmission ? or not ?
Hi, I don't know cars, have a 1990 geo prizm, 130,000 miles on it. Driving it on highway, jolted... 2 seconds later, jolted again, I gave it gas, front wheels locked up, went skidding. Would not...

tire pressure corolla 02
What is the recommended tire pressure for 175/65r14 tires for an 02 corolla? Thanks, Wajahat
33
33

1993 Tercel getting too hot
Hey guys, Over the last few months, the temperature in my tercel has slowly been climbing.. If I get into it and it's cold, it only takes about 10-15 minutes of any type of driving to get it up to...
28
28

checking air conditioning pressure in a '94 Tercel fixes A/C without adding refrigerant
Hello I have a '94 Tercel as my second, city car. The A/C has been running barely cool at the max setting, taking 15 minutes maybe to even get to sorta cool. Last time I had the A/C looked at was back...
11
11

dashboard light on 2001 corolla LE
Hi all -- the lights on the dashboard (specifically the ones that light up the speedometer) of my wife's 2001 corolla LE have gone out. whatever lights up the "door ajar" and "low gas" indicators...
3
3

Toyota Carina E TD 1996
Help, Does anyone have any idea with a problem i am having? I have a Toyota Carina E (1996) ,and my headlight will not work no my full beam. I have replaced the control stalk but this has not fixed...

Ride quality? Toyota Echo vs. Toyota Scion Xa
Consumer Reports said that the Toyota Echo had good ride quality but that the Scion Xa, based on the same chassis, rode rough. I test drove both on the freeway and found this to be true. I don't need...
47
47

Corolla SR5 brakeline replacement easy?
I'm considering buying an SR5 1990 that seems to have a drivetrain in great condition. The brakes were completely out, owner said theres a hole in one brake line and he was out of brake oil. The pads...
11
11

2000 Corolla/Spark plugs, fuel filter or fuel injectors?
I have a 2000 Corolla I bought used in 2002. I have never replaced the plugs. A few months ago, the engine started running very choked, it wanted to chug when first starting up and taking off at...
5
5

2005 Echo Rear Brake Click
Recently I've noticed a loud "click" sound from the rear brakes of my 2005 Echo when braking slowly for example in stop and go traffic. The car has about 200,000km on it and just recently had the...
10
10

97 Tercel cylinder misfire..........
I've replaced the plugs, wires and coil packs............what's left? I constantly have a cylinder 2 misfire. I have had it clear up after replacing the coil pack on that cylinder for a week,...
12
12

blue smoke at startup and synthetic oil
For the past few years, when I start the engine (97 Camry) after it's been off awhile, the exhaust is bluish-smoky for a few seconds. I took it to the dealer and they said it was caused by a tiny...
19
19

Toyota Corolla Timing Chain Tensioner Oil Leak Repair Guide
The timing chain tensioner on our 2005 Toyota Corolla S starting seeping out oil recently. I did some research and apparently it's a common problem on all the ninth generation Corollas (2003, 2004,...
2
2

1991 Cressida Timing
I have a 91 Toyota Cressida that I'm replacing the timing belt on. But I cant find any timing marks to line up. Can someone please tell me how to set the timing on this 24 valve Dual Cam beast? Are...
3
3

96 Camry overheating
Hello All, I purchased a '96 Camry a month ago that has developed overheating problems. I changed the radiator and thermostat and still had intermittent problems. A Toyota dealer diagnosed that the...
5
5

I'm stumped. Challenge for tranny experts: Toyota transmission (A140E) slipping in 2nd gear in 'D' and '2' position.
Tranny experts, I have investigated so many things and now I'm wondering what you tranny experts think could be causing the problem. The problem is 2nd gear slips in [D] and (slightly less) in [2].....
10
10

Toyota Corolla 2005 (1800cc) Misfire when cold
Hello My Toyota Corolla Verso 1800cc petrol misfires (jerky acceleration) when cold (up until the blue "engine cold" indicator goes off). The dealer is not helpful. Once warmed up, the engine is ok....
5
5

96' Corolla gas octane info needed?
I bought a used Corolla 1.6L recently. It doesn't have a manual. So can anyone telll me what is he best gas to use. I have been using 87 unleaded. But typically on my 1st car a civic. I used 89. What...
10
10

02 4runner speed governer/limiter
how do you remove the speed limiter/ governer from an 02 4runner
10
10