Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lumbar Knob for 2003 MR2 Spider
Any ideas on where I can get a replacement knob for the drivers side seat in a 2003 MR Spyder. I search this group and found some auto-part stores on-line -but I could not determine how to find this...
2
2

MR2 clutch won't bleed
I have new master and slave cylinders, but they will not build pressure. I have been on other forums and people say to "bench bleed" the master, but I have no idea how to do this. Can someone tell me...
2
2

Re: P0420 code and PA state inspection
It is a common procedure to replace one or both O2 sensors when P0420 comes up, however, it is possible to check the signal output from O2 sensors and determine whether they are functioning correctly...
22
22

2000 toyota corolla windshield washer reservoir broken and interior trim panel
Hi, Quick couple of questions. 1) My windshield washer reservoir cracked and I can't seem to find any place locally and/or on the internet that carries one. I tried local junk yards to no luck. I hate...
3
3

Engine oil leaking in TOYOTA COROLLA 1994
Engine oil of my car TOYOTA COROLLA 1994 leaks after running for few miles. Mileage of the car is 108k what could be the cause? I see oil traces under the car when car is parked. I bought car 4 months...
3
3

Corolla temp - overheating
Greetings The puzzle of why the car was overheating has been solved. It was not clogged radiator (Internal/external), dud pump, leaks, thermostat, coolant type or level, radiator pump, EGR valve, belt...
2
2

previa crankshaft censor
Can anyone help me in locating the crankshaft censor in my 92 toyota previa. There is no power in the sparks or coil and i was told it would be the censor. leem
2
2

Corolla Automatic Transmission Shifting
You did not mention whether you have an automatic or a manual transmission, but since you are implying that it is an automatic, I'll give my 2 cents assuming that it is an automatic. What is the...
3
3

91 4runner - How to manually close sunroof?
My sunroof is stuck open. The fuses and circuit breakers are all in working order. The motor doesn't even move when I press a button. How can I manually close the sunroof? I would like to know ASAP...
4
4

AC Thermistor Question
Hi, I have an 87 4runner with a bad thermistor in the AC system. The symptoms are as follows: The AC compressor clutch will not engage unless I short out (jump) the thermistor connection to the...
3
3

My 97 Toyota Tercel keeps burning out spark plugs
First noticed last year after long drive of 300 miles straight. Burnt out one spark plug and car bucked like a pony running on 3. Had one coil replaced and changed the spark plugs. Fixed. Now 1 year...
6
6

2000 Sienna max size of power inverter
What is the maximum size of a power inverter that I can use on a 2000 Sienna with a stock alternator? I have a 400 watt power inverter that I want to use to power a laptop for my daughter to watch...
4
4

Setting Idle on 1982 Toyota Corolla
Hey guys, I have a quick question. My friend has an 82 Corolla that can't get through DEQ because it's idling at some insane number like 1200 or so (which is where my bike idles, by the way. And my...
2
2

Air Vent Haze
2000 Avalon The other day I cleaned my inside windows (they're tinted and I used a special spray made for that application). The next day all of the windows had a strange fog on them. I cleaned it off...
28
28

1997 Camry P1135 CEL on - What is the right part???
Hello, I have the CEL light on my 1997 Camry v4 (2.2L). I took it to autozone they said the code is P1135 which translates to "Heater malfunction in Air Fuel Ration Sensor in Bank1/ Sensor1". The guy...
14
14

Is a Sienna a Van or Car?
WTF are people thinking about when they say the oil change is only about $25 and 1/2 hour? Longo Toyota SW - have an ad for $63.99 + tax and in small print Vans "substantially higher". Was not sure...
23
23

1980 Tercel distributor pickup coil voltage
Would anyone have any idea how much voltage I should measure at the plug on the end of the distributor pickup coil, while the engine is cranking? I believe the igniter and the ignition coil are ok,...
3
3

What's that smell of plastic burning?
I've got a four-door automatic 2005 Toyotal Corolla with about 16,000 miles on it, which I am very happy with. But for the last 2 months, every time I park my car and pass by the front grill I smell a...
4
4

Towing with 2001 Sienna
We were unexpectedly given a pop-up camper. We'd love to start camping again, but I think we're pushing the limits of what we can safely tow with our 2001 Sienna. We do not have the towing package, so...
7
7

91 Celica, surging engine
I have a 1991 Celica GTS, 5SFE 5sp. I am fixing up. It has 287K, with about 110K on the motor. The engine races usually at about 1800 RPM when I start to move in first, and also while I am driving in...
1
1