Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SERVO MOTOR Problem - 2000 Camry
With AC or heater ON, I get air from vents on feet, defrost, and front vents on the side. No air blows from the front vents in the middle. It does not matter which option I choose on the vent mode...
1
1

Camry V6 EGR Problem
I have a 2002 Camry w/V6 and 40K miles. Been super car. Recently, car has begun to surge under light load, as if I'm stepping on gas pedal briefly and then removing my foot rapidly. This happens...
5
5

Tercel Horn Problem
I have a 1982 Toyota Tercel with a horn that doesn't work. I have checked the fuse (which services both the hazard lights and the horn). The fuse is OK. I currently have access to the entire steering...
7
7

head gasket or timing belt
This is the 3rd post in a series to diagnose an engine overheat for those interested. I have a 1988 toyota p/u with 190K 22RE fuel injected. Engine overheated one day coming from work, cold air...
11
11

Gas pedal sticking -- 99 Camry
I've run into a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to. My wife says her 99 Camry gas pedal sticks sometimes. When I change the oil, I spray silicone at the carb end and as much of the gas...
12
12

engine overheat and cold air: thermostat?
Yesterday coming home from work in -10 C, a 26 km drive, I was getting just cold air threw the heater. I was watching the temp guage all the way home and as I got near my home about 20 minutes in, the...
15
15

Just bought an '85 Tercel 2wd wagon for $500
The paints all worn out, but it runs great, showing 232,000 on the odometer. It was stuck in second gear, costing $1,000 to have repaired, so I went to the wrecking yard and had them put another one...
11
11

Tail light, parking light and marker light relay position in Toyota Sienna 2004.
My tail lights, parking and front side marker lights don't work. I have checked 10A fuse (number 40) and it is fine. When I fed +12V to this fuse all lights were illuminated. Can anybody please...
4
4

Model Year .vs Mileage???
Which is more important when looking at used Highlanders? Some are low mileage and 2 or 3 years older. Some are newer with high mileage. My thought is that rubber seals and gaskets age quickly and...
3
3

Checking Transmission Fluid
2000 Avalon I just had my transmission fluid changed. I noted when the engine was running and warm that the fluid level registered at the "cold" mark on the dipstick. I called the mechanic and he told...
4
4

Faint occassional 'chirp' while driving
We have a 2004 Avalon XLS. Occasionally (not very often), when driving, I hear a faint, sharp "chirp" (beep), from the front dash area. Any ideas on what it is (a Google search was no help)? Thanks,...
11
11

How to remove/replace 2002 RAV4 tail light assembly?
Lens is broken on right rear tail light of 2002 RAV4. Since one can NOT just replace the broken lens, bought a whole assembly. Approaching the existing assembly from the inside I can seeingly access...
1
1

cold weather package
How do I tell if my wife's 1993 Tercel has the cold weather package and what does it consist of?Was trying to order an alternator at and the info was requested. Thanks for any help
4
4

Very hard to kill Toyota Corolla.
This ebay listing is nothing to do with me, but I found the desription so damned funny.
2
2

Car shake when pressing the breaks???
When driving around 45 MPH or higher, when I press the breaks the car front end shakes. I changed the breaks but it still shakes. What can be the problem??? Oh, it's a 93 Toyota Camry.
8
8

2000 Sienna Misfiring
**Update** To those of you helping me on the last thread, I'm starting a new one to tell you of my progress, or lack thereof. I brought my van to the dealer and had a diag run. The following error...
17
17

2003 Corolla Headlights on in middle of night
For the past two weeks, my headlights go on in the middle of the night. I took it to the dealer, they had it for two nights and said they couldn't find anything wrong and that the headlights didn't go...
11
11

00 Sienna Misfiring
Noticing the engine light on, I took my sienna to autozone for diagnosis. They informed me that there were multiple engine misfires and to change the plugs. I changed cylinders 2,4,6,and 5...but am...
36
36

93 Corolla cruise control stops working
the cruise control will often stop working for no apparent reason. it will work fine for many miles, then suddenly disengage. sometimes i can reset it right away. other times i must restart the...
1
1

JBL and non-JBL 6-disc CD audio in Toyota Matrix
JBL AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/7 Speakers (EJ) AM/FM 6-disc In-Dash CD Changer w/6 Speakers (EV) Of these two optional audio systems above for the Toyota Matrix, does the more expensive JBL...