Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

5 Levels Of Hangover (Funny)
I know everyone can relate to at least one ot these...have a good day :) The Five Levels of a Hangover One Star Hangover (*): No pain. No real feeling of illness. You're able to function relatively...

"Dieseling" Concern- Carburetor knowledge required :)
Hi, I've got a 90 Tercel that's got a severe "dieseling" problem (engine tries to run despite the key being in the "engine off" position). The only thing unique is the fact that it *only* occurs at...
1
1

Please Help - 86 Corolla 4AC Oil Leak - strange issue with timing belt cover
Hi folks, I appreciate any help from the Toyota repair guru's out there ... I'm far from a guru so please excuse any wrong words/descriptions. Thanks for your help!!. I'm working on a 1986 Corolla...
3
3

Dark brake fluid = bad master cylinder?
1999 4Runner SR5 V6 - 86,000 miles A mechanic recently told me that the dark brake fluid in my resevoir is an indication of a bad master cylinder. I could not get him to change the brake fluid without...
4
4

Fuel Pump enertia switch
Is there a Fuel Pump enertia switch on a 1996 Toyota Avalon? I'm a bodyman and just bought one hit moderatley in the front-end. ... it no run ! ... W/no fuelpump noise...
1
1

1997 Tercel Air Bag Compatibility
I have been looking for a 1997 Tercel Air Bag Sensor Assembly (Part# 89170-16050)at salvage yards to replace my unit which has broken electrical connection pins. I have been informed by a local Toyota...
6
6

Special tool for '94 Tercel Head bolts?
Hi, I'm trying to fix a bad valve on my '94 Tercel. I've got everything all disconnected to pull the head out except for the head bolts themselves, which have me stymied. The bolts are innies (i.e....
3
3

Inspect engine valves?
Coming up on the 60k maintenance, and I notice the manual calls for inspection of a bunch of stuff, including engine valves. The rest of the stuff -- brake lines, fuel lines & connections, drive shaft...
61
61

95 Corolla smelling fuel...
I have alot of performace stuff and I have a feeling and a smell that I am running a little rich. Any ideas on how to help? I haven't seen any fuel mapping stuff out there to monitor and adjust my...
6
6

3.5mm or 4mm vacuum hose?
I'm replacing several of the emission control (SC, HAI, and EGR) vacuuum hoses on my '79 Celica. I bought new 4mm hoses from Autozone, and they do fit, albeit somewhat loosely. Should I be using 3.5mm...
3
3

1985 Toyota Pickup -- Idle Speed Adjustment
Hello, I'm a newbie here. Just bought my first Toyota ever, a 1985 pickup with 146K miles. The engine starts readily and pulls well. The idle is smooth, but that's the problem. The truck failed state...
3
3

Main Fusible Link, 1984 Celica GT
The fusible link nearest the passenger side of the vehicle, in the black plastic fuse box that's by the battery under the hood, keeps burning up. What does that fusible ling go to exactly, and what...
8
8

Spark plug lead is loose, car is sounding funny (see pic)
Hello all, Today i took my car to a mechanic to replace the engine mounts (Toyota Cressida 91). After picking up the car, i start noticing rough idle. I suspected the spark plugs based on previous...
9
9

93 Tercel timing question / problem
I have a 1993 Toyota Tercel with a 1.5 3E E engine in it. It failed the emissions part of state inspection here in Massachusetts recently with a HC level of 1.5, they were looking for 1.2 or better,...
3
3

transmission dipstick level reading
I'll admit despite reading a bit and having people explain automatic transmissions to me I am clueless as to how they work and am more scared when there is a mysterious noise or funny shifting...
18
18

92 toyota tercel makes poping noise when accelerating
My 92 toyota tercel makes poping noise when accelerating It is a new problem that just happend. What could be makeing this noise. I just had the timeing adjusted along with new belts. Could this have...
2
2

Want to add keyless door entry to '05 Corolla CE, looking for info.
2005 Corolla CE has central door lock control, but no RF remote (keyless). I have seen a few on-line stores selling add-on kits at reasonable prices, wondering if they're any good. Can anyone...
4
4

2003 Corolla: tire wear and alignment
Have a 2003 Corolla at 30k miles with original tires of Goodyear Integrity P195/65R15 89s. The tires were rotated twice in the past at 10k and 20k. Saw excessive tire wear, especially in the front,...
11
11

how difficult to change timing belt on 96 Rav4?
I recently bought a 96 Rav 4, 80k miles from the original owner. The timing belt has never been changed. I have changed a timing belt and water pump and seals on a Honda Civic, Mazda truck and a Ford...
1
1

GAS SAVING DEVICE =Khaos Super Turbo Charger
::GAS SAVING DEVICE =KHAOS SUPER TURBO CHARGER:: *::FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS::* :: :: ::WHAT IS KHAOS SUPER TURBO CHARGER (KSTC)?:: - ::KSTC is an air regulating device which introduces the right...