Worst luxury cars for resale:

No real surprises for these lists.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yet you post it anyway. Dumbass.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Saw an Echo the other day from behind. Looked like a moth with it's wings pulled off. Ugy little thing.

Reply to
mark digital©

I *knew* I'd chosen well. :-)

Cathy

Cathy F.

=B3=B3=DD=DB=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=DD=DB=B3

=B3=B3=DD=DB=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=DD=DB=B3

=B3=B3=DD=DB=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=DD=DB=B3

4 9 3 0 =DB=B3

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

I wonder what kind of company Black Helicopter Repair Services is? Not one I would do biz with based on Gary's postings. Do you own the company? I hope so because your boss wouldn't want your signature associated with your comments I am sure.

Reply to
mrsteveo

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org:

And it's kind of academic, anyway. The sort of people who buy the most expensive cars are not concerned about the cost of keeping them.

My brother-in-law is sales manager of a Lexus dealership in Calgary. He tells me very few buyers finance their purchases. Money is evidently not an issue with these purchasers.

Reply to
Tegger

"mark_digital©" ..

At least moths are better liked than cockroaches (aka Prius)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Tegger" "Wickeddoll®"

Then you have the ones who really can't afford them, and end up living in it as well.

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org:

Those idiots deserve what they get.

The take out leases with minimum down and giant buybacks. And even then they're looking at a monthly payment of $1000.

Such stupidity, just so they can look cool to their friends and neighbors.

Reply to
Tegger

"Tegger" ..

Preaching to the choir here, toots.

Ego has ruined many a person.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

How do they discount cars that occasionally need to be moved?

High-end products are rarely to never discounted, as the value of the brand is protected.

For instance, plenty of individually owned high-end BMW's are initially leased, and not for the reasons you'd think. BMW hides the cash and discounts in factory sweetened leases, at the end of which owners may or may not buy the car for cash. These are not bank leases, but directly from BMW.

Similar ideas are used to help sell things like private aircraft, luxury real-estate, etc... that aren't moving as well as the seller wants. Stated prices are NOT lowered, and the item doesn't go "on sale."

Leases of high-end products have to be good enough for the buyers to capitalize on the opportunity cost of the money and see an overall advantage in the big picture, vs. the reasons financing deals are sold on lower-end products. It's also not uncommon in the business world to "carry paper" to help sell something.

Reply to
B A R R Y

The owner rating for the 2001 Echo on Edmunds is, even after 6 years on the road, a 9.0. That car was an excellent value and the owners can easily shrug off any disparaging remarks.

Ditto for the Prius. Several friends and acquaintances own them now and they're perfectly happy with the comfort, performance, reliablity and value.

Reply to
DH

I wouldn't know.

Reply to
mark digital©

"mark_digital©" ...

I meant the creatures, not the car, actually. Just an analogy...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

B A R R Y wrote in news:uvFzi.4709$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

That's a good question and I don't know the answer. I'll have to ask next time I talk to him.

He tells me there is no negotiation on price. What is quoted is what is paid, and nobody dickers. I suppose when you're that high up the food chain, the cost of a motor vehicle is chump change.

They have a used car (sorry, "pre-owned") department too. It has a mix of Lexuses, Toyotas and a few other makes.

Yeah, that's what has me curious now. They must eventually wind up with unsold stock at some point.

Not from a BMW-owned finance company?

Toyota has an independent but wholly owned company called "Toyota Motor Credit Corporation" (TMCC), which handles leases and loans for Toyota and Lexus.

You've mentioned lots of stuff I never thought of. I've printed this off and will ask next time I talk to him.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tegger

"mark_digital©" wrote in news:MsOdnbIr9M_Ho1LbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

It is abundantly clear that you have never had the dismal misfortune to have to live with cockroaches.

Mice are almost as annoying, but at least mice are big enough to shoot. (They make excellent target practice, by the way, requiring patience, speed and accuracy.)

Reply to
Tegger

Only to people who don't have it.

Trust me, wealthy people, maybe with the exception of some entertainer-types or lottery winners who came into money easily, actually do look at the price. The "dickering" on high end items usually involves the level of service and after sale commitment that goes with the stated price, creating a value. If the value isn't there, there's no deal.

It's not about specific price, but perceived value.

Exactly, _the_ BMW finance company.

There you go.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

"Tegger" ...

I'm from Florida - there are roaches there big enough to vote. Doesn't matter how well-off you are, they're in your house *somewhere* - you just have to keep them at bay.

You're scary.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org:

The mice think so anyway, which is sufficient.

Reply to
Tegger

Thank you, Natalie for the interesting links about car values.

Your wise comments (for example, 'Ego has ruined many a person') always seem to add a certain dignity to the group.

- Jack

Reply to
Jack