OT A one question test...

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.
The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.
Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.
THE SITUATION:
You are in Florida, Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions.
You are photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.
You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.
============================================== THE TEST:
Suddenly you see a woman in the water. She is fighting for her life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.
You move closer. Somehow the woman looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's Hillary Clinton! At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take her under forever.
You have two options: You can save the life of Hillary Clinton or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful women (in her mind, at least).
============================================== THE QUESTION:
Here's the question, and please give an honest answer......."Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?"
--

Scott in Florida

LOL, that was a good one Scott. I am a photographer so I can appreciate the question. Personally I'd do the BW, for the impact, LOL.
Where in heck do you get these from......Don't tell me... :)

Like I said....a sick bastard sent it to me....LOL
--

Scott in Florida

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:47:22 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"

It was sent to me by another sick bastard. I laffed and decided to share it with the world...
--

Scott in Florida

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:12:06 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"

LOL....
caught me.....
--

Scott in Florida

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:50:02 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"

LOL....you are right....of course!
--

Scott in Florida

Momma don't take my Kodachrome away! Do they even make Kodachrome anymore? Kodachrome 25, snap the shutter and wait. . . .
Charles of Schaumburg

Kodak got all bent out of shape when that title & line were used. Insisted on a copyright symbol (which appears on all of the "Kodachrome" recordings). Never understood why they were so P.O.'ed - free advertising, IMO.
Nikon, OTOH, apparently didn't bat an eye over the use of their name brand in the same song.

Search me, I haven't used my film cameras in quite a while now.
Cathy

They don't make 25 anymore, but you can get 64.
I hear ya on waiting....LOL
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home ;jsessionid=GhyDZLhgL6!1469300675!1176171011789?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sqsc&InitialSearch=yes&O=RootPage.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&shs=kodachrome&image.x=0&image.y=0
You made me want to shoot a roll....when B & H re opens, maybe I'll get a roll and run it thru one of my old Minolta SRT 101's.....
--

Scott in Florida

"Scott in Florida"
*snip*
That joke is carbon-dated...
:-)
Natalie
In message Scott in Florida sprach forth the following:

Kodachrome, because (a) it is more archival than E-6 (Ektachrome, Velvia, etc.) , C41 (color print) or B&W, and (b) in honor of Hillary, it is the most environmentally-unfriendly choice.

And you got upset about squirrels and prawns, you are a phony piece of work. And the joke Scott posted is, with variations, older than the two of you combined. TAK

Perhaps your memory will catapult you back to the squirrel website. But if you were upset, as you said you were, about God's little creatures and opposed to sacrilegious jokes, then you have no logical consistency in laughing at Scott's tired old warhorse. OTOH, if you thought it was funny with Hillary as the subject, you'll "love" the versions with Bush, Cheney, et.al. But when you criticize one and laugh at another of the same sort of sacrilegious nature, you sound a bit hypocritical. Sorry about that. T
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:44:39 +0000, Scott in Florida wrote:

Well, all I carry regularly now is a Digital camera, so I can switch from Color to B&W in a second.
The only thing is, the shutter speed (recovery) is to slow, so by the time I snap the 2nd pic, I may just get the three fingers just before they submerge.
However, in a situation like this, I would usually carry one with color and one with B&W, and I have them set up to be able to take 'snapshots' without even thinking of it. So if I were using film cameras, I'd get both.
Remember, I used to be a 'semi-pro'!

Go to a camera store and try one of the new DSLR's....there is effectively no delay.
My Canon 5D can take a picture damned near instantly from being tuned off.
Just press the shutter....camera turns on....and snaps the picture.
You could get the 'hildabeast' with many perfectly exposed shots as she sunk beneath the waves...LOL
--

Scott in Florida