Re: How do you feel about your car? Other cars? Luxury cars?

Just a wee bit blatant?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

We don't get the opportunity? Really? How about reading and studying and doing it on your own? I attended segregated schools most of my life that were not known to be the best of schools, yet I ended up with and engineering degree in metallurgy from one of the finest Universities in the US.

I never received a check, or anything else, I did not work to earn. I rapidly advanced in the engineering positions I held at GM, VW and Ford, with hard work and study. After I retired from the manufacturing side of the automobile business I worked in the retail side as Sales Manager in a Toyota store, owned by one of the largest multi franchise auto groups on the east coast. Two years later with hard work and study, I was Group Sales Manger of 28 stores in eight states, all with multiple franchises. During that time I got into the service side of the business by starting a fleet service business, the first of its kind in the country, that eventually operated in six states. In less than ten years I sold it for millions and finally retired. I employed hundreds of both white and black managers and techs. All of whom, with hard work and study, were well educated with some earning in the six digits. No bad for a po' black boy from southern Georgia that didn't get the "opportunity to learn in school."

mike

> > You haven't been on a college campus lately. Last time I was at City > College in Manhatten, most of the students were wearing jeans and did not > look very scholarly. > >> I >> think >> somebody's money is likely being swallowed up by U of P. > > I am glad that these individuals are taking advantage of whatever programs > are being offered so that they can get an education. Something that will > benefit us all. A lot of people, especially minorities, have a great deal > to contribute. Unfortunately, too many didn't get an opportunity to learn > in school. > > Jeff
Reply to
Mike Hunter