Best Rated threads in Toyota Camryshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1989 Toyota Camry transmission problem.
It won't down shift to 1st gear and OD light flashing. Please I need some advise.
2
2

98 Toyota Camry Overheating
I have a 98 Toyota Camry that's temperature gage says it's overheating. When I put the heater on the temperature stays the same. When I put the air conditioning on the temperature gage goes back down....
7
7

Camry 2005 LE Brake Pads
I would like to share my positive experience Camry 2005 (bought it brand new). After about 40,000 km on my Camry, I have purchased new brake pads anticipating the change (this was my previous...
6
6

Bleed 02 Camry Brake (with ABS)
This evening as I drove my wife's 02 Camry, I felt that the brake seemed gotten more spongy. I guess it's time to bleed it, since it's never been done. I have bled non ABS before, but not with ABS....
2
2

Re: Windshield Washer Fluid Pump
======== The only time I had a washer pump fail was on a Mercedes. Turns out the common blue washer fluid can crystallize with age and clog a pump. First though, I'd check the washer nozzles. If...

2008 Camry Hybrid rattles
Thought I would post solutions for 2 camry hybrid rattles. First was clicking in center vent of dash HVAC. AC had to be on for a while before clicking started. Initially dealer found no problem but...
2
2

1997 Toyota Camry -Ignition switch light always on
1997 Toyota Camry Ignition switch light always on This happen/started after full service including change of battery Service provider refuses to take responsibility Can it happen unknowingly? How can...
1
1

Worn valve seals
I had to get a safety check for my 99 Camry at the shop I go to and while I was there, inquired about getting the valve stem seals replaced since the engine will emit blue smoke on startup when cold....
23
23

Camry 2000 - Noise when rolling up driver side window
Hello All, My Camry 2000 is making a "Drrrr" kind of noise when rolling up the driver side window as is something is shaking or trembling. It does "not" make the noise when rolling down though. Other...
3
3

What happens when I take the foot off the gas pedal?
Assume automatic transmission, we are at the cruising speed of let's say 40 mph and I take the foot off the gas... Start loosing speed, aproaching read light, brake - stop. What will transmission...
7
7

2000 Camry power seat
The power seat lift motor stopped working on my 2000 Camry. The fore/ aft and recline motors both still work. I tested the switch and it is OK. I put 12V to the lift motor and it still didn't work. I...
4
4

Gas Gauge on '94 Camry Not Working
A couple of weeks ago the gas gauge on my '94 Camry stopped working. It reads empty (doesn't move). Any ideas what's the most likely cause? An hints one isolating the problem? If I have to replace the...
1
1

Incorrect speedometer reading on '96 Camry LE
Hi all, My Camry's speedometer is showing 10-12% higher speed than the car is really going. I bought it used about 2 years ago and always suspected it was the case, but has never had a chance to...
13
13

Is replacing the thermostat as easy as it appears?
I have a 97 Toyota Camry LE 4 cylinder and it looks to me like the Thermostat housing is up high, no draining of radiator looks necessary, two bolts, pop the new one in and done? Firestone quoted me...
6
6

How often brake fluid change?
How often should I change my brake fluid in No-ABS brakes? I am talking about a 1995 camry LE, 4-cyl, if it matters...
16
16

Oil Leak Behind Ignition Coils ?
Question for Toyota Techs, It appears I may have an oil leak behind the ignition coils. Is this possible? Before I tear into it ... On a 1998 4 Cyl Camry 5S-FE, is there an oil seal behind the bracket...
2
2

Tire Pressure for a Camry
Read a long thread about tire pressure. The strongest replies were from owners of Ford and GM and Chrysler Jeep trucks? Lots of good ideas, but this is supposed to be a Camry forum? Anyway, I have a...
20
20

Can I drive toyota camry 99 with charcoal canister problem
I had checked Toyota Camry 99 XLE V6 at local Toyota dealer. Error code was P0446 and he suggested to replace charcoal canister for 485$ and vapor pressure sensor 210$ plus 2 1/2 hour labor cost 252$...
4
4

Camry / Lexus starter clicking
I have a 1990 ES250. The starter makes a repeated clicking noise when I try to start it. I thought it was a bad starter so I bought a new starter and put it in and its the same. Just repeated...

Passing Inspection with Charcoal Canister Needing Replacement?
My '99 Camry has 160 k miles on it and diagnostics say that the check engine light is on because of problems with the Charcoal Canister. There have been some posts on this a while back, but no...
4
4