Problem Solved

EUREKA!!! MY CAMRY HAS ELECTRIC POWER ONCE AGAIN!!!

The problem was that a hidden, blue-insulated wire which accompanies the main cable to the positive battery terminal had broken off. It was buried in the corrosion residue and frayed insulation.

Fortunately I had not discarded the old,twisted positive battery terminal. On close inspection I found adhering to it was a very thin,washer-like piece of copper with a rough edge where the blue wire had been connected.

The blue wire has zero slack, so I salvaged the old copper connector, cleaned up the end of the blue wire, and with a large washer, I wedged the end of the blue wire under the thin copper connector with a heavy washer over it to hold it in place on the positive battery terminal.

My Camry rides again :-)

Thank you all for your interest and help. jjjsan advised to be certain that all leads were connected - He was right on! Davej92 was also.

Chimes

Reply to
Chimes