Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Checking Motor Oil Level (?)
Should motor oil level be checked with the engine hot, or cold? Believe it or not, I can't find that info in either the owner's manual or the service manual for my 1988 Toyota pickup (it may be in...
17
17

Asbestos Still Used in Brake Pads?
Is asbestos still contained in modern brake pads, or have they switched to something else? -- Thanks,tbl
1
1

Removing transmission from 1984 Longbed Pickup
Because my clutch is slipping I'm removing the transmission from my 1984 Longbed so I can replace the clutch parts. I've looked at two different manuals (one online, one my Toyota Truck 1984 Repair...
3
3

Tundra camper shell opinions?
I've seen several different ones on Tundra's out there. Is there a consensus best shell, or is there one "everyone knows" (but 'cept me!) to stay away from? My truck is an '06. -jeff
1
1

Parking brake sequence
What is the proper sequence to apply/release the parking brake and the transmission Park position? That is, should the parking brake be engaged before switching from Drive to Park?
3
3

Shifting questions - 1990 4x4
To the experienced, this will seem a bit odd, but I'm a bit new to the 4x4 thing and I've been given conflicting information about this so I'm looking for experienced advice..... ;-) I have a 1990...
7
7

Element vs. Rav4
What a dilemma. I like the features and look of the Element. On the other hand the bigger engine and better gas mileage of the Rav4 are appealing. The Rav4 also has some features the element does not...
17
17

2000 Land Cruiser 100K Maintenance
My dealer says as preventative maintenance I should have the 90K maintenance at $450+ and a timing belt at $700+. Also a brake job at $400+ each for front and rear. Are these bonafide prices?
1
1

toyota tundra
I am trying to find the source of a clicking noise under the dash on the drivers side of my toyota tundra. Any suggestions. I have tried the following tighting the bolts and screws, took off the lower...

Recommend a rack for my Prado?
I am the new owner of a LJ78! It is fantastic! However it lacks a skookum roof rack. Can anyone recommend a good one which would fit an LJ78 Prado? Where to find one? I imagine i will have to import...

Differences between 3.4l '90 and '97 engines?
Hello! I had a '90 4runner that I bought when it was 10 yrs old and only had 93K miles on it. The truck was totalled when it had 245K miles on it, but the engine was still running strong. 3.? liter...
6
6

truck shifts out of O/D
My 92 toyota pickup has been shifting out of overdrive after driving about 20 minutes on my daily commute at about 70 mph. Any ideas?
1
1

A/C idle-up not working on 22RE
My toyota pickup used to idle faster when turning on the air conditioner, now it doesn't. I know it's controlled by the big hex screw, but turning it while the a/c is on doesn't make any difference....
3
3

WANTED toyota dyna bu20 gearbox MELB
HI i was after a dyna 5 speed BU20 gearbox and wide highway diff in wrecking one pls email

20R no fire
I have a 76 Toyota pickup with 196000 miles. I went to start the truck and it would just turn over. I suspected the points, which I gave a slight adjustment, and it just turned over again. I checked...
1
1