Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is HP of '90 22R-E
I have a '90 4runner with a 22R-E engine. Manuals list the HP at 116 hp and it would not surprise me. I am seriously thinking of getting a Honda Element but the main concern was the 154HP engine and...
5
5

99 4runner front end problem
I have a 99 4runner limited 4wd. At around 50 to 60 miles per hour I get a violent shaking that pulls my steering wheel back and forth and is even more pronounced when I press the brakes. I had the...

99 tacoma: optional tire sizes
Hi i have a 99 tacoma 4x4, xtnd cab, 4 cyl. original tires are 225/75/15. What are my optins besides this size? can i do a 235/70/15? S
6
6

Relay Location 2006 Tacoma / Fuel Pump
I am trying to find out where on the fuse block the Circuit Opening Relay for the fuel pump on a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab is. The owners manual only show fuse ID's. Thanks / Barry- Vermont

Auto door locking on 2006 Tacoma?
Does anyone know if the doors should automatically lock on a 2006 Tacoma pre runner when putting it in gear? I guess I have gotten used to that feature on my other autos, and noticed that my new truck...
12
12

92 4runner shifts really hard between gears
Ok, I'm reeeeally hoping I can get some good feedback on a problem I'm having w/ my 92 4runner. The problem is that it shifts extremely hard between gears, as if there was nothing to smooth the...
11
11

Dim display for clock, compass & temperature
I have a 2006 Tacoma with the TRD package and find the display for both the clock and the outside temperature/compass hard to read during the daytime. No lights are on during the day... I know that...
3
3

Removing Gas Tank on a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab
I must drop the tank after mistakingly putting a bad gallon of fuel in the tank so I can properely drain and clean. Can anyone please walk me thru the procedure? Barry / Vermont
8
8

2.7 -> 2.7vvt swap?
Does anyone know if you can replace an original Tacoma (4x4) 2.7L with the new 2.7L VVT version? Did they redesign the engine mounts for the larger 2005 Tacoma engine bay, or just change the...

1996 4-Runner Stalling Problem
Hi, I have a 1996 4-Runner V6 SR5 with about 150k miles on it. Thus far, I've performed all major tune-ups at Toyota dealerships and intend to bring it in this summer for another. For the most part,...

1996 4-Runner Stalling
Hi, I have a 1996 V6 SR5 4-Runner with about 150k miles on it. Thus far, I've performed all major tune-ups at Toyota dealerships and intend to bring it in this summer for another. For the most part,...

Hilux vs. Tacoma
I have noticed that outside North America the Toyota pickups are called Hilux and the body style seems "different" than a Tacoma. Are these the same exact trucks with just a different name on the side...
2
2

red hot exhaust manifold in 4Runner
1987 4Runner with newly remanufactured engine (which was replaced due to damage from overheating) still has trouble with the exhaust manifold getting red hot. The EGR valve was shot so I suspected the...
6
6

'00 Prerunner, rust on bed hooks and door pillar hardware.
Other than going to the dealer and paying more than I should, anyone have a link where I can pick up replacment bare bed (cargo securing) hooks, screws, and also the driver's door hook (mounted on the...
3
3

T100 fast Idle?
!996 V6 Auto idles at 16-1700 rpm when first started and nothing slows it down (tapping pedal etc.) until I put it in drive/ anyone tell what the problem is? Thanks B