Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Clutch on a 2WD question
About to do my clutch and I have noticed that the crossmember cannot be removed on my model (97 2WD). Has anyone done a clutch on this type of truck. Can you just back out the tranny from the engine...

'06 Tundra - noises
I have an 06 Tundra that is making some strange noises. I have done some reading through archives of various groups and have come up with the following "known" issues from past years: - ABS reset...
1
1

1984 longbed, 22R engine...riveted choke???
I need to adjust the choke on my 1984 pickup but the 3 screws seems to have been replaced with rivets. Does it come from the factory like this?...I notice in my factory repair manual there is no...
3
3

Changing the oil on a 2006 Tundra
Changing the oil on my 2006 Tundra turned out to be a major 2 hour project. And, as much as I like my Tundra Toyota could have a better design. Here's my findings: A large oil pan is needed. My Tundra...
14
14

Bad electrical screw-up on 89 PU
As we all know, electrical problems really suck, and I don't know how bad this one is yet. Background story: I plugged a jingus Chinese made cell phone adapter into my cigarette lighter but the LED...
2
2

06 Tundra power windows w/ ACC
One of the things I'd like to change on my 06' Tundra AC is the way the power windows work. Right now if I turn the key to the ON position, then turn it to ACC, the power windows operate for about a...

Bucket seats for a 1997 T-100
Well, I never thought it would happen to me....but it sure as shit did..... I totalled my beloved 1997 T-100 Rats!!!!!! BUT, as luck would have it, another 1997 T- was waiting for me around the...

water pump question
I have a 95 4runner, V6 3VZE 3.0, I am doing the head gasket fix, I have it all apart and I am wondering about the water pump. There is a little bit of residue on the lower end of the block. I wiped...
2
2

New brakes
Hello, I recently took my 2004 4Runner (SR5--2WD) in for a 30,000 mile tune-up to the Toyota dealership. While changing my oil and rotating my tires, they informed me that the front brakes were 90%...
17
17

2000 Tundra Wheel Center Caps
The paint(?) is coming off the factory plastic wheel center caps (the ones with 6 holes for the nuts) on my 2000 Tundra, revealing a nasty brownish color. I don't really want to buy new ones that seem...

knock sensor
Can anyone tell me if a '91 4runner V6 with a bad knock sensor is running "closed loop" or "open loop"?
1
1

spec for Sequoia garage door button light bulb
Where can I find the spec of the Sequoia light bulb which is behind the garage door button? is there a name for it? That thing is so easy to burn, any luck to find a better quality replacement?

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.4, dated March 26, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's...

TLC vs LX470
All - Besides the obvious flair, is there any mechanical or structural differences between the two? Ironically, the LX470 seem to be selling for 10-20% less retail than the Land Cruiser. Do the...
1
1

Thanks Scotty and Bubba for info re 1998 4runner clock problem
Yeah! I got my clock out from behind my panel. It really was easy with your info Scotty. I had to remove 4 panels in the following order (in case anyone else has to get behind the dash panel) - 1. the...
1
1