Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Equalizer hitch on Taco 4wd V6?
The owner's manual for my 2000 Taco 4WD V6 suggests NOT using equalizer hitches for towing. Anyone know why you can't do that? I'd like to pull a 3,000 lb. trailer, but it has a tongue weight of 394...
5
5

05 Tundra rear window noise
First I thouht the rattling noise was coming from my child's carseat. But the noise is actually from the rear window when it is partial down or all the way down, and driving on not so smooth roads....

semi-synthetic oil and changeover
I have an 88 toyota pickup and am thinking to switch over to semi-synthetic oil. I am thinking of doing an engine flush first and then going semi-synthetic. It has 190000 Km and loses a bit of oil in...
2
2

Can a 03 4 banger tow this:
A 450lb snowmobile in the back, and a single sled trailer with another 450lb sled on a 1800km round trip drive? Am I looking for trouble? 2003 XtraCab 4x4, manual.
5
5

Mid 80's Rear Frame Rust
I have owned a 1984 Toyota 2WD, Man. 5 Sp.P/U for 2 years now. The front half of the truck is like new + rust free. The back half is now way beyond repair. Rust, Rust, Rust !!! 300,000 Km's, and runs...
3
3

Seatbelt Switch
I have to replace the seatbelt (driver side buckle) on my 89 SR5V6. I notice the wire to a switch in the buckle. Where does this wire terminate and how difficult will it be to replace the assembly?...
3
3

TOYOTA 4 RUNNER 4 SALE CHEAP~!~
1986 TOYOTA 4RUNNER 4WD TURBO EVERYTHING IS HERE AND IT RUNS GREAT, IT WAS WRECKED, AND I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IT UP THIS IS A LIMITED EDITION TRUCK, GREAT FIXER-UPPER!!! $1500.00 FIRM!!!

Anti-freeze in oil
My son bought a 1988 toy truck with anti-freeze in the oil. The head gasket is a given. I have been told that the head bolt require a special silicone to seal them, and if they do not have it they...
6
6

What IS This Light?
On my 89 Toyota Pickup (V6, EFI), there is a small red light below the emergency flasher switch. It's pretty much in the middle of the dash panel. What is light for? The owner's manual shows it should...
5
5

DIY windshield replacement
Seems like windshield replacement is something that the do-it-yourselfer rarely tackles. Has anyone replaced a windshield on their pickup on their own, without taking it to a windshield shop? Q
4
4

Throttle Body Sensor
Is there a way to easily clean this sensor in a 2000 V8 Tundra? Idling is off especially after gunning the engine while sitting in park. The engine will stall and need to be restarted. The tac at low...
1
1

Help! Won't Start After Replacing Fuel Pump Bracket
89 4x4 V6 pickup. When I connected the battery after replacing fuel pump bracket and portion of fuel line, the MIL (Malfunction Indictor Lamp), head lights and instrument lights began to blink. Head...
2
2

Tundra GAS MILEAGE improvements
I've read here some talk of air ram device that improves gas mileage. Has anyone heard or seen this anywhere? Anyone know an aftermarket device that will improve gas mileage, even a little bit????...
5
5

tundra 60,000 mile service ?
Anyone know what are the major items are for the 60,000 mile service?
2
2

farewell to the group
well my truck wouldnt pass WV inspection due to my custom Bullbar... and it would have been way too much work to make it legal, so i had to get rid of the old gal, so i wont be coming into aatt...