83 Yota Lights

I have an 83 4wd that surprised me this morning. Ran fine for an hour, volts read just under 16. Stopped got out and got back in and both the brake and charge light were blazing and the volts dropped to 12 and held fast. Any ideas?

john chesapeake, va

Reply to
john G.

Happened to me, your belt probably broke so alternator not working, don't know why brake light on but when happened to me engine overheated very quickly. Stop truck and never overheat.

Reply to
edmechanic