Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Clean TRD Wheels
I have newer TRD wheels and black spots have formed on them. I cleaned most of it but there are still spots left. I had to store these wheels/tires outdoors this winter under my deck so they didn't...
1
1

3VZE Coolant drain plug?
Can someone tell me where the coolant drain plugs are on the block of the 3VZE? I have two different manuals and both give a vague sketch. I don't want to remove something I shouldn't. TIA
3
3

Oversize Oil Filter in 3VZE 4Runner
I was wondering if there is anything to gain (or any risk) if I were to replace the existing oil filter on my 3VZE '91 4Runner with a larger capacity oil filter. The stock model sure is tiny. For...
2
2

Enabling the 4Runner factory alarm system
I just purchased an '04 4Runner SR5 without the anti-theft alarm system option. I decided to forgo the $400 factory alarm system to save money, figuring that I would purchase an after-market alarm for...
10
10

MDT Tech help Is my Limited Slip diff is failing ?
Hello, I have a 2002 SR5 access cab 4wd. Today I parked the right side of my truck in a snow pile. As the right rear tire got up into the snow I would spin. I figured the Limited slip differential...
11
11

4Runner 2001 braking noise - ABS pump?
I have a 2001 SR5 4Runner 4WD (about 30,000 miles). There is a strange noise from under the hood that occurs on braking, every 3rd or 4th time I brake (normal gentle braking not slamming the brakes...
1
1

96 4Runner Shocks Monroe Sensatrac?
Hello, I am in need of new shocks on my 4runner, It has 138,000 miles on it, and the ride has been very rough. I do not do and off roading, and am looking for shocks that will give me a nice,...
10
10

92 4runner evaporator
will i need to remove the dash to replace the evaporator? thanks.
9
9

Smoke
I have a 82 FJ40 with a 2F engine. some of the time the engine puts out a white smoke at stop lights and lets out black smoke when changing gears. Are these signs of a engine going bad?
2
2

Rear sits low, 94 4runner
When I put even a couple hundred lbs of gear in the back of my 4Runner, the ass end sits low. What are my options for getting this thing to sit level, or just a bit higher in the rear? Thanks all!
13
13

fuel filter relocation on 22re: ugly but it works
I'm sure you guys can come up with something prettier, but I'm one of those "if it works, it works" kind of guys. No chrome or anodizing needed. I've seen a few posts recently about the incredible...
4
4

Tacoma - Can I defrost without the AC running?
I recently purchased a 03 Tacoma after owning a Mazda B2200 Cab Plus LX for 15-1/2 years. A feature I liked on the Mazda was the ability to run the defroster without having the AC come on. If I needed...
4
4

MDT Tech what's the difference between the I-force and I-Force v8's
I just looked up the specs on the 03 4 runner. I always thought the 230 HP 320 lb.-ft. Indicated the Landcruiser engine was put in the 4 runner Then I noticed the 4 runner is an I-Force engine just...
5
5

Possible to re-wire fog lamps to illuminate with parking lights, not low beams??
I have a 2000 Land Cruiser and would like the fog lamps to come on with the parking lights instead of the low beams. BMW and other cars do this as have the aftermarket lamps that I have installed ;-)...

22RE starts then dies
Naw, make sure the air inlet hose is hooked up first. If its OK, you may have low fuel pressure from a failing pump.
4
4

Glowing red exhaust
I just had my '90 Toyota 22RE truck head gasket, timing chain, gears, and cover replaced. $2800.00 later I have to bring it back 3 times. First time was to fix coolant and oil leak, bad acceleration,...
14
14

Lubricating Speedometer cable
1990 4-runner with a 22RE engine. I am on my second speedometer cable and it is squeeking again. The shop charged me $100 to lubricate it the last time and that fix lasted about 4 months. Two...
19
19

87 22r no power
Can some of you folks tell me different ideas on why my recently purchased 87 toyota 22r engine has very little power. I have a very reliable oil change history in the glove box that agrees with the...
12
12

1983 Toyota, dead starter?
I drove my 1983 toyota pickup (SR5, 22R 4 cyl.) for about 15 hours from Utah to New Mexico without problems. The next day I got up, started it up, drove into town, turned it off, and when I came back...
10
10

Idle Fuel Cut Solenoid
I have seen a few posts regarding stalling issue related to the fuel cut solenoid...I was wondering if anyone knew what actaully controls this solenoid to switch open/closed. Whatever actuates this...
4
4