Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trouble Code P0770 - Transmission Shift Solenoid E Malfunction
OK, looking for some experience or advice. On our 2001 Tundra 2wd SR5 V8 (66,000 miles) we had a couple of unexpected hard downshifts over the last few weeks. Towed our trailer out to the desert last...

Vibration at 3000 RPM
I have at 01 Tacoma 4X4 V6 5-Speed. I bought it used with 39K miles. If I try to get up to speed quickly from a stop I usually shift around 3000 rpm or higher. The engine is really smooth up to about...
2
2

3vze rear camshaft housing cover/plug leaks oil
I have a 92 4Runner with a relatively new long block (3500 miles)... recently noticed a slight oil leak coming from the bottom half of the rear camshaft housing covers on both cylinder heads... oil...
3
3

Po308 code still comes up
My 2000 tundra 4.7l v8 with 223000 on it is misfiring. This truck has always ran like a champ. But it started running rough the other day and the check engine light started flashing. I checked the...
1
1

'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser transmission dipstick?
Can anyone tell me where I can find the transmission fluid dipstick on the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser? and where to add the transmission fluid? I looked in the manual and around the engine but had no...
2
2

Blinking O/D off light
Hi, I just bought a T100 and the OD light is blinking. Any ideas where to start? I've searched on the internet and there seems to be a wide range of possibilities. It is a 93 with the V6.
2
2

Yard of gravel in a Tundra?
Any reason my '06 Access Cab couldn't take a whole yard of gravel? Don't want to break a shock or anything... standard suspension, V8, LS rear differential, BFG AT's. Quick answers appreciated! -jeff
19
19

2011 Toyota Tocoma there is no trans dip stick how do i check and add oil to it
I want to add trans oil to my 2011 toyota tacoma but there is no dip stick and oi look very well and i just dont see one so how do i put back the trans oil that i draind out at the pan thinking it was...
5
5

22RE timing chain = pulling the head?!
Water pump on a 194kmi 4Runner sounds like its going so I thought I might as well take the rest of the front off while I'm at it. Then I read in the Toyota manual to get to the timing chain I have to...
11
11

3VZE leaking valve covers
I have a '91 4runner. I've been trying to get the valve covers to quit leaking. Yes I've even used new gaskets with form a gasket put to key areas. Still leaking. I had the heads off and it looks like...
4
4

Tundra A/T Fluid Temperature Warning Light
I just bought my first Tundra -- a 2001 AC TRD 4x4. Will not use it offroad but will be using it to tow a boat & trailer weighing 5,000#. Have been thinking about adding a Transmission Fluid Temp...
3
3

1981 Toyota Pickup SR5. Backfires
I have a 1981 Toyota Pickup, that backfires thru the exhaust when it is just below normal operating temperature, (Timing checks good,new spark plug/wires etc). like to know what could be the problem?
2
2

Tacoma Sunroof?
Talked to fellow Prerunner owner a few days ago that had a factory installed sunroof. What years were these available on Tacomas? Nothing is mentioned in the current Tacoma catalog or the Toyota's...
4
4

Freon Capacity? 87 Truck
Does anybody know how much freon a 87 Toyota truck holds? Mine has leaked out and I'll be filling it from scratch (after fixing the leak of course ) Thanx! Mike
6
6

89' Toyota 5-speed pops out of gear
Hi all, I have a problem with an '89 Toyota 5-speed, 4-wheel drive pickup. The shifter has recently started popping out of 3rd and 4th gear when shifting. Can anyone tell me what needs to be...
10
10

Dealer forgot to put the "Oil" in my Oil Change!
I've been reading the some of posts on synthetic vs. conventional oils. Toyota recommends you not use synthetic until after your first oil change. (See Search/Help, FAQ's and search for synthetic.) I...
54
54

1991 Toyota 4WD Pickup 22RE hard to start when warm
Truck takes a very long time to start when warm, cold starts are OK and if I turn it off when hot and start it back up all is fine. The problem is only when it sits for a few minutes after warming up....
1
1

I have a 1993 Toyota pickup. Heavy rain today, engine area wet now wont start?
I just got this truck, 3 days new to me, and had been running great! First day, sunny, warm and dry, ran great. The second day raining lightly and I noticed that my truck wasn't idling right, but got...
3
3

Bearing generic part # for power steering pulley on 22R-E's
Does anyone know the generic part # for the bearing found on the 22R series of Toyota engines (22R,22R-E,22REC,22RTE) located in the power idler pulley? it's not this one: Power steering idler pulley...
2
2

1985 Dolphin Electrical System
I am currently battling a problem with my 1985 Dolphin RV w/ 22RE Motor & Toyota Truck Cab. If it is left for more than a couple days, it will kill the battery. Nothing is on. Also, the charge lamp is...
13
13