Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing seized parking brake cable
Looks like the cables seized or frozen from the pull handle to the (pivot point spring return)if you want to call it that under the truck where the 2 cables meet for adjustment. I was wondering how...
2
2

22RE engine light on, 1992 pickup
22RE engine light on, 1992 pickup, engine will remain running when going, but quites when I let off the gas to stop or change gears, something to do with the idle I think. Need help with this problem....
6
6

1987 22RE EFI WOES....
Get this, truck will not idle once put into gear but when in park/neutral idle is up so high the truck jumps into gear hard and then nearly stalls out. Once you hit the gas, even slightly, the truck...
2
2

Ignition Timing misunderstanding
So I tried to answer this for myself, but I just don't get it: How the hell do you adjust the ignition timing exactly? I've got an '88 Toyota pickup 4x4 w/ manual transmission. I just replaced the...
7
7

4runner 22re Running Like SH!!
My truck is running like crap! No power, backfiring sounds in the engine, and when I give throttle, it sputters and barely has enough power to move forward. Then sometimes it kicks in and runs...
3
3

22RE ignition coil igniter
How can an igniter be tested? Are they prone to breakage or wearing out? I am replacing the distributor and coil on my 1991 toyota pickup but am shocked to learn a new igniter is about $485.00! Please...
2
2

1988 Toyota Pickup Won't fire 22R
Over the past 8 years, it has been the typical Toyota, flawless. Yesterday when I got in to start it she would crank but not start. Fuel is present, no spark, changed the coil and ignitor, still no...
3
3

99 Tacoma getting hot
It hasn't gotten steamy hot but today when I shut the engine off I heard it gurgle and since it has been showing significantly hotter than normal on the gauge, I suspected the noise may have been the...
6
6

Removing rear oil seal retainer 1984 22R engine
In the middle of a clutch job on my 1984 longbed pickup, have removed the 7 bolts for the rear oil seal retainer (to replace the rear oil seal) and the retainer is not exactly coming out easily. I...
2
2

Shifting questions - 1990 4x4
To the experienced, this will seem a bit odd, but I'm a bit new to the 4x4 thing and I've been given conflicting information about this so I'm looking for experienced advice..... ;-) I have a 1990...
7
7

Resetting computer on Tundra after battery change
After I changed the battery, I must have connected the battery cable in the wrong sequence. Now the truck starts, runs for a little bit then dies, it starts right back up
2
2

99 Tacoma 4x4 Front Brake Rotor Removal
I am not having much luck removing the rotors from the front end of my 99 4wd Tacoma. The Chilton's guide is worthless. It advises to remove the hubs, but the parts shown are nothing like mine. Can...
3
3

1993 4Runner 3vze Disconnected Vacuum hose
I found a vacuum hose that runs from the drivers side to passenger side in the back of the engine was disconnected in my truck. On the drivers side it is hooked up to s "speed control" unit just...

89-95 Instrument Cluster - Need Tach Wire
I have just aquired a 92 Pickup, and have found a cheap inst. cluster w/ a tach, but i don't have a wire diag. for the 4 plugs to add the tach wire in. can anyone assist in my modding? or give me a...
3
3

Gasket or Sealer for water pump?
Greetings from one of the many long-time lurkers. I finally have a question that I hope is worthy of your time. I have an '89 truck, 4WD, 3.0L V6 with a dead water pump. The local Toyota dealer has...
7
7

Tundra oil drain plug torque spec?
Hello, I'm about to do my first oil change on a 2005 V8 Tundra. All other vehicles I've had/have with a drain plug gasket have a torque spec (Saab was 42 ft/lbs!). Does Toyota publish a spec or is it...
5
5

E85 conversion?
I've got a '91 Toy 4x4 with the 22RE engine. E85 fuel is available hereabouts and I'd really like to run it, but I'm not sure what parts in the fuel system need to be changed. I'm running E20 now with...

91 Previa: oil level light on
91 Previa Van: 141000 miles Oil Level light went on twice last 2 months, this car has the oil reservoir which can hold 2 quarts of oil. When this light goes on, engine oil auto feeder system pumps oil...

Need help removing 22RE engine from '93 4x4 Pickup
Vehicle: 1993 4x4 Pickup 22RE 5 speed manual trans 150K miles The engine has spun a rod bearing and I need to rebuild the engine. I am trying to work with a Haynes book and had no idea how poor this...
13
13

Thermostat Orientation on 20R engine
Does anybody know the correct orientation for a thermostat on a 20R engine? In other words does the spring end of the thermostat go towards the cylinderhead/engine block (down) or towards the radiator...
2
2