Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

86 4Runner 22RE problem
I posted something about this a few months ago but I have a little more info that may clue someone in... My truck had an exhaust leak so I took it in. They replaced the forward most pipe that hooked...
2
2

Chevron vs. Valvoline oil
Anyone out there have a opinion on Chevron premium 10/30 and Valvoline 10/40 for a 89,000mi straight 6 Thanks
6
6

2001 Highlander Headlight Aiming Adjustment
Hello, I need to adjust the headlight aim on my Highlander. Does anyone know what tool is required to do this? I have looked at the rear of the headlamp assembly and can't see any obvious adjustments...

? 1991 Toyota Previa - Timing Chain or Timing Belt ?
Does the 1991 Toyota Previa 2.4L 2WD have a timing belt or a timing chain? TIA to all who reply
4
4

ProLock; Anyone know how to get replacements?
I bought two new 1996 Toyotas; a RAV4 and a Tacoma. WHen new, the dealers had installed ProLock security systems, in which, one has to insert a small "plug" with a computer chip on the end, into an...
8
8

Brush guard .... Car wash..... airbag
Can you go through auto car wash with brush guard? How about I've heard brush guard will cause airbags not to deploy in an accident....... I just got a 97 4Runner, 5sp....it's great..... Thanks Kenny
2
2

Bed dimensions of T100
Also need the dimensions of the T100, if it's different from the Tundra. I have a Delta truck box that is 65 1/4" wide overall, and the bottom part is 55 1/4" wide. Just trying to figure out what type...

'04 Tacoma Fuel Pump Inertia Switch Location?
Where is the fuel pump inertia switch located on a 2004 Tacoma? Figure 4-14 of this PDF indicates a floor pan location in the brake pedal area, but no succcess in finding it so far.
3
3

Need ramp to load 4 wheel mower onto the bed of Tundra?
I'm looking for a ramp to do per Subject. I have a John Deer riding mower? I'd like a ramp I can trust to attach to the tail gate, and clear it from the blade below the mower.
15
15

Coaster Brakes - dragging / sticking after rain / wet roads
We may have a problem with the brakes on a 2006 Toyota Coaster bus (6 cyl diesel) that someone here may be able to advise on. Hopefully I'm not too far OT. The driver says the brakes drag or lock on a...
7
7

FJ Cruiser Frame Problems?
A local body shop has a fairly new FJ Cruiser with a bent frame. The owner of the shop said the fellow was off-roading and the frame buckled (that's all he said about it). I didn't get a close look at...
3
3

99 Camry 2.2 - balance shaft assy installation!!! Do I need to be so fussy?
I have a new toyota shortblock 5SFE 2.2 for our 99 camry, and we even ordered a new balance shaft assy ($450!) to install. the manual suggests that I need a special tool and dial indicator, capablable...

Relay Location 2006 Tacoma / Fuel Pump
I am trying to find out where on the fuse block the Circuit Opening Relay for the fuel pump on a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab is. The owners manual only show fuse ID's. Thanks / Barry- Vermont

Beep sound from under the hood 98 Toyota Tacoma
Hello, Here is the issue I have: From under the hood of my truck there is a loud beeping sound that is being emmited. It continues if the truck is on or off. I was able to make it stop by pulling the...

Lack of power - 22RE
Hi: I have a 1990 Toyota 4x4 with a 22RE engine. I've replaced plugs, distributor cap and rotor and everything else seems to be in order. However, on acceleration, if you depress the pedal about half...
19
19

help! low oil pressure at idle in 5vz-fe toyota engine
the engine exploded in my 96 t100 at 90k miles. I purchased a rebuilt engine, assembled it and installed it. The new engine runs great when its cold. It has 70psi pressure at idle when its cold. But...

22RE Intake Manifold Removal
Hello, My "88" 4X4 Truck 22RE has a blown head gasket, water sucking into #3. Losing water, steam coming out tail pipe, #3 spark plug fouling bad (although #3 still seems to have good compression),...
2
2

1985 toyota dolphin RV (22RE)
I have a 1985 toyota dolphin rv, equipped with the 22re. It has an air system that will discharge the battery, if it is not driven. The last time it discharged, I charged it and noticed the charge and...
4
4

1985 toyota 22r overheat
I have a 1985 toyota 22r pickup that just recently started to overheat. My first attempt was to change the thermostat, that didn't fix it so I took the radiator out and had it boiled out and the guy...
13
13

Need something to fill gap between cab and shell
My 2000 Tundra has a shell on the bed and the seal isn't very good between the two becaused of the raised cargo/brake light. I'd like to fill the top of the gap that's 2"-3" wide between the back of...
6
6