Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Timing chain conversion kit for 3.4 V-6?
I have a 2001 toyota tundra, i just bought from the dealer with 34,000 miles on it. i like Toyota anything, but one thing i don't like about my full size truck's V-6 motor is the fact that it uses an...
4
4

22R carb float gas level drops overnight?
On my 1984 Toyota pickup, 22R engine, the float gas level is right where it should be (middle of sight glass) when it's running and right after shutting the engine off. But after a few hours, and...
14
14

[SOLVED] Tacoma towing package
As I understand it the Toyota offers a towing package for the Tacoma. I cannot find any details on what is included in the towing package. What is included with this mystery towing package? I have a...
19
19

2008 Tacoma 4cyl
Hi, I just bought a 2008 Tacoma 4cyl 4a. I'm pleased with the truck. Sitting at idle, the engine is so smooth and quiet that I have to concentrate to detect whether it's running. I owned an old 92...
14
14

my 4runner tailgate window wont go down
the tailgate window on 92 4runner wont go down and i cant open the gate unless the window is down. i press the button to raise the window and you hear a sound, but if you press the switch to lower the...
5
5

Squeak-proofing a Topper
We've got a nice, heavy, color-matched fiberglass topper on our T100. As the temperatures have dropped to more normal winter levels, the truck has developed a symphony of different squeaks, all coming...
4
4

Engine Noise - '88 22re 4Runner
The 22re (EFI)in my recently aquired 1988 4runner with 240,000 km's on the engine is making a distinct knocking sound from the rear of the engine at certain rpm's. -The knocking occurs not under...
8
8

firing order for 99 toyota tacoma
I need the firing order for a 99 toyota tacoma! Please help! Thanks Rob
2
2

Adjusting headlamp 4Runner
I'd like to adjust the headlamps on my 2000 4Runner. I looked under the hood and found 2 hex nuts that are connected to what looks like plastic gear tooth. My guess is one hex nut is for the vertical...
7
7

1991 Toyota truck heater problem
I just bought a '91 toyota pickup and I've discovered that the heater doesn't work. The guy I bought it from told me that there's a problem with the blower...he said it needed a new heater fan...
15
15

Toyota recommended tire pressure vs. tire max. pressure
I just purchased a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's for my 2004 4Runner to replace the OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/T's. The recommended tire pressure on the nameplate on the door of the vehicle is 32...
16
16

1999 tacoma horn replacement
I am mechanically inclined, but I am most certainly NOT a mechanic. I am replacing the horn in my '99 Tacoma, and so far, I have one primary problem. I can't find the horn. ;- | ... Please let me know...
11
11

dry weight of 1981 toyota long bed pickup with 22r motor
anyone know the actual weight of this pickup. not the gawr. cheers
1
1

Toyota Landcruiser Steering
I have a 1991 Toyota Landcruiser Station Wagon Model HZJ75 (Trooper) which has excessive play in the steering in the straight ahead position. It would appear to be air being trapped in the steering...
6
6

Question about 22RE and broken timing chain
Hi, Broke my chain today on my '90 PU. I have 185,000 mi on it, and I actually changed the chain 20k miles ago when the guides failed! (Needed a new timing cover too as the chain wore through the...
16
16

22re Engine - Interference or Not?
Greetings, I have a'94 Toyota Pickup, 4x4, 22re engine, 194K miles, with broken timing chain. I am willing to deal with a chain kit, etc., and any other damage inside the timing cover but not if there...
4
4

2000 Tundra Misfire
Yesterday my Tundra suddenly lost power and running poorly. Starts fine and runs ok while sitting still. Misses under load. ODB II multiple codes P0308 P1340 P1320 P1310 P1305. Spark plugs were...
13
13

1999 Toyota Tacoma Aftermarket Tachometer Installation
I have a 1999 Toy Taco and want to install an aftermarket tach. I have everything figured out except for the GREEN wire to the coil. I cannot seem to find the coil. My truck has a 4cyl and two small...
6
6

1991 Toyota Xtracab 4x4 random problem with not starting after warmed up
I've got a 1991 Toyota Xtracab 4x4 with a 3.0 V-6 and 460,000 miles (it i s nearly broke in) that has been my daily driver for the past 25 years. L ast Friday I pulled the plenum to replace the small...

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner dead
From AB WHAT'S NEW FOR 2014 TOYOTA TACOMA ? ON SALE DATE: SEPT. 2013 EXTERIOR -Two new colors: Silver Sky Metallic 1D6 and Blue Ribbon Metallic 8T5 (replaces Silver 1E7 and Blue 8S6 INTERIOR...