Best Rated threads in Toyota Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

91 4runner 3zve plug wire mounts
I need the plug wire holders all around the engine. The old ones are brittle and broken. I have spares on my 93 parts car, but my 91 has different diameter plug wires. TIA!

2008 Toyota 45,000 mile - Transmission fluid flash
Hi, I have 4Runner 2008, 45K miles. Do I need this transmission Fluid Flash service? Thanks
2
2

NEW JASPER ENGINE ( 1994 TOYOTA T-100 3VZE ENGINE A V-6 3.0 liter SOHC ) INSTALLED BY CERTIFIED JASPER ENGINE INSTALLER
Penzoil 10W-40 and filter ( 5 qts ) breakin oil. After 50+ miles started smoking, by 200+ miles was using oil, added 2 qts by 505 miles. When oil was changed and new Fram oil filter. Breakin oil was...
3
3

99 Toyota Tacoma problem, help if you can..
Hi everyone, Ok so I have a 99 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 3.4 liter engine with 143,000 miles on it. Everything is going just fine, I am out driving around in the snow and almost home when all of a sudden,...
9
9

Replacing stereo in 2000 Tacoma ext cab 4WD
I'm thinking about replacing the stereo in my 2000 Tacoma extended cab 4WD. It, of course, came with the dual cassette-CD deck and I would like to replace it with the same; a "double-height"model....
2
2

The joys of leaking power steering fluid
For the past year I have been adding power steering fluid to my 1992 Pickup due to a leak. Since I only drive 6 or 7 days out of the year, this has not been a major problem for me.... but it seems...
4
4

What is this wire for?
I'm working on replacing the old wires in my 83 SR5 4WD 22R pickup. There's a green plug with 5 wires coming out of it: BW goes to the starter motor (switch), YR goes to a sensor right next to the oil...
2
2

96 5VZ 4Runner fails SMOG test
A friend of mine has a 94 5VZ 4Runner. It failed on the 15mph test, too much NO more than double allowed. It passed fine on the 25mph test, but still in the upper limits. CO2 and HC levels are within...
7
7

Toyota diesel 4-Runners/pickups in USA & Canada
Everyone thinks Toyota diesel 4-Runners and pickups are impossible to get in Canada & USA but that's not necessarily true,see my complete info below. The way the price of gasoline (petrol for...
2
2

low range beeping
How do i disable the annoying beeping sound while in low range 4. 07 tacoma?
4
4

WTB New Carb for Totota 22r 4wd truck
Anybody have a new carb for the 22r motor Have a 86 4wd that needs one. Doug
2
2

FJ Cruiser steering
Hello.. When I traded my Jeep in for an FJ Cruiser, the first thing I noticed was a difference in steering. ....I thought perhaps it was the local highway here -- maybe a difference in spacing between...
7
7

timing issues - '94 22RE
Hello all, After installing a new timing chain (and a few other things :), I'm trying to get the timing to work. It's supposed to be 5' BTDC, but I just can't get it to cooperate. It seems that the...
8
8

Direction of catalytic converter on 95-97 Tacoma 4WD?
If anyone owns a 1995-1997 Tacoma 4WD 2.7L regular cab with the original Toyota catalytic converter, please keep reading. This may apply to later years also. These are the short 4WD trucks with a...
4
4

Toyota Tacoma P0420 cat or o2 sensor
I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4 liter with california emissions and 114,500 mile.P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold (bank1) came up on OBDII scanner. My gas mileage seemed to have dropped...
5
5

1995 Land Cruiser O2 sensor mayhem?
Aaaagh! So my mechanic says my 1995 Cruiser with 127k miles needs a new 02 sensor. This is the 2nd time in the last 6 months, and the first time I used a Bosch part and put it in myself but since the...
8
8

Rear Slider 91 Pickup
One of the sliding window is missing in my pickup. I would like to know how to R&R a rear window or better yet how to replace the one missing slider glass.
3
3

Blowback in Toyota RAV4
Does anyone have experience with oil blowback in a Toyota vehicle (in my case a 1999 RAV4)? Is it common? Is there a fix other than replacing the engine? If the engine needs to be replaced, is a used...
1
1

vsc trac&vsc off lights on after steering rack replaced 2001 sequoia
after having steering rack replaced on 2001 sequoia 4x4 limited vsc trac&vsc off lights came on after 1 day. the lights want go off& the rear slip control doesn't work any more,tire spin now, but all...

1993 4runner manual transmission leak
I was checking my tranny fluid and I noticed that I was nearly empty. I can't see any visible leaks except a little drop of oil on the bellhousing in between the engine and transmission. Anyone have...